Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Independence

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Jun 2, 2014.

1. passion....integrity....sheer love for the meaning of this site. That's what I think of when I think of Ryan and the Jalopy Journal. Some attributes that are sorely lacking in our world today.

2. Just ponied up the skins for an Alliance membership. I'm all in now.

To me there is just no other place on the web of this scale that deals with old Hotrods and how to build, enjoy them and meet like minded people. Just the sheer volume of technical info is worth being a member.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2014
  3. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

How fucking cool is that? Who knew?

Your Boy has got his shit together, in case you were not sure.

The business model is bullet proof, because it is based on his passion for this spectacular world of traditional hot rodding. He follows his Muse, not his ambition :cool:

4. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

But the key fobs sold out in less than an HOUR? People love to gloat and offer praise, like when the book was announced. But ask them to pony up the dollars to back the words up and no one has any cash.

There are a lot of people banging the drum and calling for a march, but truth be told, when the parade starts, no one will be in the street. Same with the people crying because R&C is gone, yet they say they stopped reading it years ago.

5. slammed

slammed

A human life without PASSION is a 'droid. Even Spock was HALF human. That 'anti' passion' and anti free love rant was crap-o-la. Love IS free to give and take. What you do for money honey, is what pays the bill(s). This whole hobby/biz/life style/side show/ego trip is a one shot deal, never before, never again.

6. krowbar

krowbar
    from michigan

Crap, I bought a subscription 6 months ago. It would be fun to have some of the old editors do a guest piece now and again.
    Pat Ganahl has a great book out for those who don't have painting experience, but want to paint their car. It's called Painting Your Car on a Budget.

7. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

If you think this is the bottom of the ninth and we're down a couple runs I suggest you get another bag of pop corn and large drink..................this one is going to go extra innings.

Frank

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  8. 26hotrod

26hotrod
    from landis n c

DRUMROLL AND CYMBOL CRASH!!!!!!!! You knocked it slap out of the ball park................