Register now to get rid of these ads!

In your opinion - BEST Machine shop in San Diego area

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Adran, Oct 9, 2012.

1. Adran

Adran

Okay, so obviously there's TONS of machine shops around the San Diego area, especially in El Cajon, and I could just walk into any one of them and get some machine work done. I'm sure most of them are reputable and competent. But then again, I'm sure there's plenty that aren't.

The stuff I need is pretty simple at the moment - just a bore & hone, line hone, and decking. So I'm sure it would take a real idiot to screw it up. However, I'm sure they're out there. I'd like to avoid the truly crappy shops.

Can I maybe get some recommendations from San Diego locals? What do you think the BEST machine shop you've used is? Best all around quality Vs. best bang-for-your-buck el cheapo hole in the wall? Ideally they'll all perform the same job, but I know in the real world that practically never happens.

P.S. I'm doing a Small-Block Ford, if that makes any difference... I know some places practically know Chevrolets and only Chevrolets, which makes sense considering the volume of them... but I'm not doing a Chevy.

2. Ole don

Ole don

Like you said, there must be dozens of Chev shops. If you want a Ford done right, see Mummert.

3. frankenfords

frankenfords
    from SoCal

Ricks Machine Shop on Woodside Avenue in Santee. Old family friend, and a Ford guy to boot.

4. Harell Los Angeles

Harell Los Angeles

I 100% agree with Frankenfords, Ricks Machine is THE BEST. honest, reasonable pricing, and a good man to do business with. I have tried a lot of shops, Rick is where I go every time now.

5. MikeRose

MikeRose
    from Yuma, AZ