Register now to get rid of these ads!

in praise of Howells service

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by anteek, May 19, 2011.

1. anteek

anteek

I was desperate for a right door skin for my '27 roadster and none of the vendors had one or knew when they would get one. With great trepidation i checked with Howells and got a e-mail mondat saying we got it. I called tuesday at lunch and ordered it. Talked to Ryan and asked him what kind of jerkaround I could expect. NONE. it will go out this afternoon. Why does everyone bitch? Well,we know we have problems but get out 200 packages a day. But things happen. DIDN"T HAPPEN NOW. The Brown truck came at 7:30 EST today with the skin which means the bodyman can smile again and not hurt me. in closing how about some positive repoerts on Howells?

2. Beetle

Beetle
    from Texas

They did a good job for me. I needed "bun" panels for a '26 roadster, and I didn't like the standard ones, so they made some that were bulged out more and without the flange so I could butt weld them in. I really appreciated the extra effort.

3. just goes to show even a broken clock is right twice a day
    tk

4. Have you checked the fit and lines of the skin, though? Just 'cuz you received the part doesn't mean it's good. That applies to many vendors, not just Howell's.

5. rats28

rats28
    from Louisiana

I have never had a problem with them have ordered a ton from them :)

6. We have to get that clock fixed :D

7. unclerichard

unclerichard
    from Michigan

I have been satisfied with all the stuff I have bought. The shipping has been fast and the fit has been great. Now doing a sedan, and they have done me the same good work.

8. AAFD

AAFD
    from US of A

Howell's has always been good to me, nothing negative to say.

9. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

its nice to hear a positive thread after all the Howells negative post , im not in the shipping buisness but if they can move 200 packages a day thats a lot in my book