Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical In need of good curved glass cutter for Chops in Texas (near Austin?)

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by Kail, Oct 24, 2013.

1. FLUSH2.jpg

Our work speaks for itself

RMONTY and kidcampbell71 like this.
  2. We cannot absorb the cost of your project/glass. We try to quote the best price possible.
    Some windshields can be cut with a glass cutter therefore it is less expensive.
    Some we have to grind down. If it must be ground down then the customer must pay for our time and our supplies.
    If we were to absorb all cost in cutting or grinding then we will quote a much higher price in the beginning to cover our cost.
    If a windshield is to be ground down then it takes a guy all day and a box of belts to get about 1 inch off.
    4-5 inches off takes approximately a week and yes 5 boxes of belts.
    The cost of a custom car!
    Every chop top curved laminated windshield we have ever cut has never taken more than 3 windshields.
    Most in 1 or 2.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2016
  3. RMONTY

RMONTY

There are some that copy others and some that lead the way! I think Deep Ellum leads the way and will have my business when the time comes! :)

4. Mattimus

Mattimus

While I hate to open a very old thread, I have the exact same question as the OP. I do not have a truck or trailer to take my project to Dallas, nor do I really have any car friends that do either. But I can probably get away with a local tow if needed. I really want to chop my Styleline (because the coupes look goofy) but getting the curved glass cut is my only holdup. Any NEW information is greatly appreciated.