Register now to get rid of these ads!

In need of 4 cyl Chevy.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Koz, Mar 16, 2009.

1. jersey greaser

jersey greaser

2. Wilson_

Wilson_

3. sololobo

sololobo

The Omaha Craigs list has a 4 banger Chevette for $650.00, says runs great. But that probably isn't the good 4-banger and to far away. One of my pals here had a 28 sedan with a Chevy 4-banger that rocked. Good luck on your search. ~sololobo~

4. jersey greaser

jersey greaser

the chevette mill is a totally different banger. the 3.0 liter 181 inch is found in generater sets, fork lifts and boats.

5. Novadude55

Novadude55
    from CA

If you get a vin code E,, S10 or GMC sonoma, with the 87 and up 2.5L, make sure you get the whole enchilada, engine, bellhousing and manual trans. They also had hydraulic slave cylinders for the t/o bearing The bolt pattern on the bellhousing is not the same as traditional small blk chevy, My advice would be to get the old Nova 153, they are made to run with carbs, have mechanical linkage to t/o bearing, another thing if you get a later model, you will be looking for a different manifold and distributor, since these were all throttle bodied and computer controlled.

6. jersey greaser

jersey greaser

there is a small problem with the s10 2.5L aka the iron duke.it's not the same motor as the nova/gm industrial motor.

best move is finding a fork lift 3.0L,swap out the high torque camshaft, it will have the manifolds and use a normal gm clutch,bell, z bar clutch fork and any gm pattern trans.

one could find a lift truck crate motor that runs on gas. model LMX ",http://www.gm.com/vehicles/innovati...lized/industrial/REV_2011_3000_Industrial.pdf,
    with MPFI with low compression, and the 8 port head,swap the cam for a marine one. add the gm injection kit. you can then get factory manifolds,have a 1 barrel tb and have a great running new/old school power plant.

7. c-10 simplex

c-10 simplex

Where to buy these engines beside the dealership?

Approximate costs?

8. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

Here's my Chevy four banger and T5. I start projects backwards from most. I start with an engine/tranny then look for something to put it in.

<EMBED height=390 type=application/x-shockwave-flash width=640 src=http://www.youtube.com/v/Hbddw7jRRAg?version=3 allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always">

9. AlderferAuction

AlderferAuction

We have one here that is up for auction if anyone is looking for one, it closes on Wednesday. We are located outside of PA.