Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Impossible Optimist Quest: Help Me Find Dad's 32.

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by MissWendy, Oct 29, 2015.

1. MissWendy

MissWendy

Oh man! I stopped getting notifications from the forum and did not know so many amazing posts had followed!!! You guys are the greatest. I needed the encouragement. They say that as you get older you realize your parents were not only right, but the wisest people you have ever known. Sadly no response from the vegas owner yet. I'm trying a letter next, hoping maybe if he travels he'll have his mail forwarded and consider getting in touch with me. I presume he sold it again, but I'm hoping he might remember something about where it went!

Yeah, Ed is my dad. Fast Eddie was his nickname if you really want to see him blush ;) -- I didn't realize he was "known" in the local community, I suppose I should have known. He's so quiet and modest about this stuff, and I suppose knowing how he is I didn't want to tell him I was poking around. He came home all weepy from his weekly Karen's trek, really touched by how many people had reached out to him and that I've been trying to chase this down for him. I got a pretty amazingly long hug. We go to the LA Roadster show every year together on Father's day, walk the cars and just see if there isn't a ringer for his old car. 10 years of roadster shows, boy has it changed. We'd honestly just love to know where it went, even if nothing else. I'm not giving up, I'm stubborn and he's worth turning over every rock. I'm going to chase down what everyone here has suggested, and I apologize for not updating sooner. I will again soon!!!

Enormous hugs from an inspired daughter and her bad-a** dad whose selflessness would never let him ask for help from the people who love him and would like to help him in return.

2. Wendy, sounds silly when I say it, but...
    "You Go Girl!!!"

3. jeta12

jeta12

All the luck in finding his old 32.....He is a very lucky Dad!!!

4. cfmvw

cfmvw

Keep up the good work, Wendy - and keep us posted!

5. Mike Colemire

Mike Colemire

Wendy, you are one sweet girl. Me and my oldest daughter are close, means a whole lot to, let me tell you. The way she loves cars, you two would get along great. Good luck, and keep us posted!

6. nrgwizard

nrgwizard
    from Minn. uSA

Thanks, I missed that line.
    Still interested on the weapons ID.
    Marcus...

7. jim mchargue

jim mchargue

I hope you find it..your Dad sounds kool!

8. nonipshere

nonipshere

Great read! Good Luck! Gotta keep following this saga.

9. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Exciting thread! Fast Eddie and that channeled '32 Roadster should be reunited.
    Considering that Eddie wasn't the original owner/builder, the fact remains that the first owner did lose interest and sell it, buying it back after..."Father Remorse?" due to all those tickets. (rings a bell here...LOL)

I and others here am anxious for the minute we read that an old pal, cohort, or sideline observer comes forward with, "I know where that car is, and it's 'fairly local'..."

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  10. POLYFRIED 35

POLYFRIED 35

Start the picture and info request on Facebook and see if it will go viral. Good luck!

11. 19forty Coupe

19forty Coupe

Best wishes in the quest of finding your father's car.

12. Hope you make it, good luck.

13. Raiman1959

Raiman1959

Fantastic story....it would be pretty darn cool if you could indeed locate that car...I think we all have wondered ''what happened'' to a particular car of our own histories, and indeed tugs at my own recollections of my own 'lost' cars.... best of luck with this ... I sincerely hope you find it! That would genuinely awesome from every aspect!

14. birdog

birdog
    from Monroe, UT

This is a very impressive thread! I love history and a hunt so I am excited to follow this thread! Any more pics? More the pics more the details. It probably won't look the same so need to find some more specific details to either help the new builder remember the car or pick it out of a crowd. I would try your dad's old buddies or parents that might have snapped photos of it. Just my two cents and worse case you gained a little more history of your dad!

15. 51 mercules

51 mercules

16. ARNIE

ARNIE

Anything new in this new year, Miss Wendy???

17. TerrytheK

TerrytheK
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The world needs more optimists.
    Great story, photo and music. I can't help you track down the car but I can offer a word of encouragement. A few years ago the daughter of one of my old car club cronies who passed away contacted me doing the same thing you're doing, She wanted to find a '40 Chevy coupe he had built back in the 1980's and had sold. She wanted to buy it back if possible. I passed the word along in our state association's publication (MSRA "Linechaser") and sure enough I was contacted by someone who remembered the car. We tracked it down through a couple of owners and one rebuild and though it's not for sale and doesn't look at all the same at least she knows where it is. So it can happen. My wish for you and your dad is that it does. You're on the way - keep diggin'!

kiwijeff likes this.
  18. Pete

Pete

A channeled '32 roadster and guns! My kind of guy!

Very very cool car indeed!

kidcampbell71 and birdog like this.
  19. Miss Wendy's last activity here on the HAMB was Nov. 20, 2015, maybe she forgot about us or gave up on her search.

51 mercules likes this.
  20. 51 mercules

51 mercules

Next time I see her dad I'll ask about how the search is going?

21. summersshow

summersshow
    from NC

Anyone around Vegas could help the girl out?

22. dwollam

dwollam

Keep looking Wendy. I found my 51 Ford Club Coupe my wife and I had our 1st date in. Sold it a couple months after the date. Bought it back after it being gone for 32 years!

Dave

snopeks garage likes this.
  23. Okie Pete

Okie Pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Keep looking hope you find it.

24. mike bowling

mike bowling

"When I was 12 years old, I couldn't believe how dumb my parents were; by the time I was 16, I couldn't believe how much they'd learned" Mark Twain ( not a direct quote, but close).

Are you making progress?? Pictures, updates,--- seek and ye shall find!!
    HAMB Nation has got your back!

25. 51 mercules

51 mercules

Talked to Ed. Nothing to update.

26. mike bowling

mike bowling

Well, no news is better than BAD news.

27. typo41

typo41
    Member Emeritus

Chick and I ran into Ed at Staters, the bruise will heal, and had a nice talk.
    The search has hit a snag they are working on.
    Wendy talk to your Dad about the idea for new way to make a contact,,,,

28. albertaboy

albertaboy

I didnt read this thread in full but in case nobody suggested, there's a facebook page that one could ask around in, Try this
    Deuce's and 40's

29. Great read and good luck Wendy !

30. rpm56

rpm56

Wow! What a great story, and family. As they say in Vegas, good luck!