Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Importing a car from the UK to California

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by daveyboy56, Mar 5, 2018.

1. daveyboy56

daveyboy56

Anyone ever import the car from the UK to the USA. Looking for any info I need a car shipped to California from the UK. Thanks Dave

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. mcsfabrication

mcsfabrication
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I brought a couple Ford Populars (we call them Anglias) back from the U.K.. Put them both in a container. One was a roller, I took the title (log book) to their department of motor vehicles (DVLA) and got export paperwork in exchange. The export paperwork was issued through Her Majesty's customs. The other one was disassembled and I put it in a crate inside the container. Customs picked apart the roller, never opened the crated one. Took the export papers to customs and was issued a Pennsylvania title. The crate car is yet to be titled. I just brought a title (again, a log book) for that one. On the manifest I listed the disassembled car as: "Used car parts".
    I do know that if you're bringing in a runner / driver, the entire undercarriage and engine compartment must be steam cleaned to avoid bringing in any soil which could be contaminated.
    This was twelve years ago, hope this helps.

3. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Usually shipping is done the other way. I would contact a company that handles vehicle imports.

Sent from my SM-G930V using The H.A.M.B. mobile app