Register now to get rid of these ads!

Images not rendering properly?

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by Olson, Oct 3, 2015.

1. Olson

Olson

Does anyone else get images rendering incorrectly, like this?

(browser view set at 40% for this one to get a bunch in one shot, but it does the same at 100% or my normal view of 150%)

imagerenderexample06.JPG

Source thread: http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/...ted-and-rolled-outside-fro-first-time.941292/

This?

imagerenderexample08.JPG

Source thread: http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/...-at-a-mild-custom.517460/page-7#post-11177897

Or this? (note the offset ghost image)

imagerenderexample07.JPG

Source thread: http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/32-roadster-build-at-austin-speed-shop.992470/

I'm kinda at my wits end on figuring out the cause/solution. Yep, I've searched, here and the wide web and came up dry. It happens on roughly 1/4-1/3 of the images on the hamb. The hamb is the only social-type site I frequent for about the last year, but I've only rarely encountered it in general web surfing and I can't think of one instance while shopping...other than here. It's not consistent - ie, I can run across a fubar'd image one day and on another visit, same thread/post, it will be fine (or vise-versa).

Quick specifics - I view the hamb from my year-ish old mid-line (no cheapo) laptop, Windows 7 all up to date, Chrome preferred browser but have confirmed the errors occur with FF and Opera as well (as I'm aware Chrome no longer supports Java). I'm not smert-phone savvy nor do I own one, so no back and forth between systems, if that matters at all. I do view my laptop via a 38" flat-screen tv, but it does the same on the laptop display.

Thanks for all you guys do to keep the hamboat afloat. Any help is greatly appreciated!

2. Never seen that before

3. Olson

Olson

Yeah, me either 'til it started on me a couple months ago.

Another weird thing - if I copy the thread url of the one I'm trying to view and hit it up in one of the other browsers, it gives me the rendering errors. However, if I copy an individual image url into another browser it renders fine. If I do the same in the same browser, render issue.

I'm stumped. It's a work-around, but a real pita when half the images of a given thread are fubar'd.

4. Have you tried logging off and clearing cookies? HRP

5. Olson

Olson

I've definitely cleared cookies (I do that semi-regularly), but couldn't recall if I'd tried logging out then clear so I just did it again and went to a thread I recently had fubar'd pics on, and got the same thing.

Thanks for the suggestion, but no joy.

6. I post most of my photos with a free Photobucket account,the pictures are resized automatically,you might try that. HRP

7. Olson

Olson

I think you misunderstood, HRP, or I'm misunderstanding you...the images that aren't rendering properly on the hamb for me are ones posted by others. I haven't posted any to the board lately, but I've used a few in conversations and have no trouble with my own images.

8. Ah,it's me that misunderstood,I'll look at the thread you are referring too and see if I get the same thing if you can give me a link. HRP

9. Olson

Olson

10. The first few photos you posted that appear to be "chopped up" look like jpeg images that may have been truncated or weren't saved properly for some reason. It's not something that I would initially think of as a site or browser issue, but I've been wrong before... :confused: If you're willing to experiment with some different browsers you might try something like Torch or Seamonkey, which is sort of a stripped down version of Firefox.

The shot with the ghost image is really interesting. To me that looks like possibly some kind of a hardware issue. Cabling, plugs, video card, something like that. Is you laptop or monitor/TV used around any equipment that might be putting off some RF interference? Maybe some big magnets in an audio speaker? Is your laptop cooling properly or having any battery issues? By any chance do you have a pacemaker or a do you live near a radio or TV transmitter? o_O

11. Olson

Olson

Hey Clay, thanks for the input. I think I can rule out most of the second paragraph, unfortunately.

I'll try some other browsers and get back on the first paragraph, and see if I can fire up the old tower and try that as well. For some reason it hadn't occurred to me to try that 'til now. It's a forgotten beast just sitting idle in a corner...out of site, out of mind, I guess.

12. I checked out the link and the photo's are clear with no ghost images on my computer.

I use Firefox. HRP

[​IMG]