Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects I'm so proud of her. My old lady builds a truck

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Lloyd's paint & glass, Jan 10, 2021.

1. It's funny, the guy told me there was a new set of cab corners laying in the truck, but after looking, they are 2nd series 55 Chevy cab corners lol. But he wasn't lying! They're brand new :rolleyes::D it's not on an original frame, that's all I'll say about it ;)

2. As you can see, i unloaded it off the trailer lol. Gotta make some money to replenish my bank account now, then I'll work on it ;)

41 GMC K-18 and Joe Blow like this.
  3. deathrowdave

deathrowdave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from NKy

Damn Lloyd , your a good dude , just give her some respect . You sound like my Biker Buds , that have. Even divorced 3-4 times . Just teasin , be cool in the heat , Brother

4. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Screw the progress on the truck...I've be waiting 4 months to find out if it's a record, or not.:eek:

5. Man she's a great woman, takes good care of ol dad. I spoil the fuck out of her. She wants for nothing. But she never complains about anything i do or buy. She's a keeper.

6. You just wouldn't believe it Jack!! I'd post a picture, but I'd surely get banned! :D

7. Making progress.... gonna get the body all mocked up and then blast it back apart. She's decided on satin black with gloss black wheels, black and red flake vinyl interior. Threw the blue wheel on just for mock up, she's got a red flake wheel with a black center. Engine runs great, but she insisted on a thumpr cam, so that's getting changed. It's underway.... 20210802_193121.jpg 20210805_183611.jpg

8. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Go man go. I gotta hand it to ya Lloyd, you must be the hardest working guy in hot rodding. A First Responder job, running a body shop, and tackling 2 projects at the same time (plus a good amount of time on the HAMB). Do you ever sleep?:eek:

Stogy, catdad49, 427 sleeper and 2 others like this.
  9. catdad49

catdad49
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Jack, I think he’s a Little younger than most of us!

Stogy, hotrodjack33 and loudbang like this.
  10. I feel old, does that count? This body is wore the hell out! I should've been smart and been a banker or something like that, then i wouldn't sit around waiting for the call that I'm becoming a statistic lol. But thanks Jack, come sit in the shop and hang out anytime

11. Little mock up work going on, gotta notch the bottom of the besides to clear due to the channeling. Then make bed mounts. Wheel spacers worked out good. 20210901_125933.jpg

Stogy, Joe Blow, hotrodjack33 and 3 others like this.
  12. Looked at that picture and realized i didn't take those traction bars off lol, took care of that ;) 20210901_133715.jpg

13. brading

brading

Must say you have a cracking partner there mate for what she has achieved. Well done to her.

catdad49, Stogy and 427 sleeper like this.
  14. She'll get in there and do whatever needs to be done, and ask a thousand questions of why we're doing it this way lmao

catdad49, Stogy, hotrodjack33 and 6 others like this.
  15. Lloyd, if she's checking your work, you'll both stay safe.

catdad49, Stogy, loudbang and 2 others like this.
  16. You know you have a good woman when date night rolls around and you ask her what she wants to do, to which she replies "let's stick the cam in my engine and throw the tunnel ram on!!!" God I love this woman :D Screenshot_20210910-175037_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20210910-175040_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20210910-175043_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20210910-175046_Gallery.jpg

17. Comp thumpr installed, new timing set. The 350 was fresh as i was told. Clean inside anyway. We'll stick the intake on and put the distributor in and I'll post another picture.

18. catdad49

catdad49
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Get 'em while they're hot, Love it!

loudbang and 427 sleeper like this.
  19. 6sally6

6sally6

THUMPR CAM?!!!!! This woman is after mine own heart!!
    You know its right when it idles so snotty you have to carry a roll of toilet paper to keep the front cover wiped!
    Need to hear a video......who gives a hoot if it runs ragged under 2000RPM......don't let it get down that low!!!
    6sally6

20. Well the hood doesn't fit anymore o_O we both climbed on it and it still won't go! So she said fuck it, we'll cut a hole in the hood and stick a grump lump on it! 20210910_194543.jpg

21. sololobo

sololobo

You go girl! SWEEEEEET!

22. Been a fun day. She wanted to hear it run but we didn't get that far. I know we're working backwards but like I said, we had a fun time working on it. Still gotta pull the motor and trans to clean and paint them, also i got her a new shiny oil pan. She has decided to order a black aluminum scoop instead of the Chevrolet performance air cleaner, and ditch the hood. We knew it was gonna be cutting it close on the clearance.

23. 4 pedals

4 pedals
    from Nor Cal

Wait a minute! How come I just found this now? Subscribed!

Devin

24. 6sally6

6sally6

Since it looks like an A/T going in AND a pretty snotty cam AND a tunnel ram ....think about advancing the cam timing a few more degrees than the card sez.
    It might help get back some of the low end torque you will need with that combo. More cam advance will move the torque curve to a lower RPM at the cost of a little upper RPM.
    She prolly wouldn't rev it above 6500 RPM but a few times....but would drive it in the 2500 RPM a LOT!
    Should give that "street monster" some city mannerz!!! IMHO
    6sally6

25. I put it straight up man, basically all she cares about is the sound lol. But it does have a 3:42 gear, so it should pull the truck down the road.

26. 6sally6

6sally6

Shore....no prob!
    BTW the sound will still be there!!! "Maybe" just a little more bottom end.
    Watching
    6sally6

Lloyd's paint & glass likes this.
  27. 210superair

210superair
    from Michigan

Looking great. I had those same valve covers on my c10!

loudbang likes this.
  28. Thanks man, she seen that set and had to have it. The block is gonna be black. Truck is gonna be black also.

loudbang and 210superair like this.