Register now to get rid of these ads!

I'm so excited I could @#$%

Discussion in 'HA/GR' started by moparsled, Feb 24, 2008.

1. I'll leave the xpletive to your imagination... but I HAD to share this......

I just scored a Lasalle trans off ebay, but not just any-- it's shortened for use with a Ford torque tube, has the Ford rear mount, has first and reverse removed, and a "lockout bar" as the seller called it, to lock the low/reverse shift shaft.
    Who knows where it came from or who built it, but who cares? it's REAL hot rod/drag race stuff from back in the day. Between it and my as yet unmodified current trans (might be a good thing I didn't get anywhere on it yet!) I ought to be in good shape.

Now I'll have the trans, spindles, front wheels, and front axle all used in previous drag cars/hot rods.

the rest is coming a long slowly- I worked on my oil pan today, I hope to have it done in the next week or so. The engine is coming along at the machine shop, and I worked on the front end a bit this weekend too.

Attached Files:

2. Old6rodder

Old6rodder
    from SoCal
    1. HA/GR owners group

Nice ..... :cool:

I'm really starting to look forward to seeing your parts pile become a car, with pieces like that it HAS to be cool.

3. top stuff, keep at it, you're getting there..

4. Ron Golden

Ron Golden

WOW...what a rare piece, it would be rare even if it didn't have the good mods. The last one I saw came out of a B/gas car in Orlando, Fla. in 62.

I FINALLY got an unground blank cam for my 302 GMC. My god these parts are hard to come by.

Ron

5. you ain't a-kiddin'!! I watched swap meets and ebay for YEARS looking for a finned head, finally lucked out when Earl Edgerton started producing new ones. A bunch of my car wouldn't have been possible, especially in such a short time, without ebay.

6. 348chevy

348chevy

I ran two Cad-LaSalle trans in two different race cars. One a floor shift and one a side shift. They are indestructable but you can speed shift them. You will not have any trans breakage that is for sure.:)Roy