Register now to get rid of these ads!

I'm really BUMMED

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bb1970, Sep 17, 2011.

1. bb1970

bb1970

I have been talking to my wife about making a family vacation out of going to the Lonestar Round-up next year. I got her hip on the idea of driving to Texas in our '65 Riviera. I look at the web site and realize the cut-off is '63. Kind of sucks a '63 Riv can go but my '65 ain't welcome. I guess we can go anyhow. But it's alot more fun to have a dog in the show. :(

2. krooser

krooser

You have to have a cut-off year... you will still have a blast... especially on S. Congress after hours....

3. LANCE-SPEED

LANCE-SPEED

SSSSHHHHHH...... sign up as a 63 Rivi and see if anyone notices?????

4. Doctor Detroit

Doctor Detroit

I never said this:
    I'd also try the "sign it up as a '63 Riv" route. Maybe you used a few 65 Riv parts during restoration. Make a fake '63 Riv registration card to show the person at the gate - they'd have to be a vin expert to know otherwise. If a 63 is allowed, who cares if a 65 is there if it's the exact same car. Damn those Rivs are awesome.

5. Squablow

Squablow

I think the headlights will screw you trying to get a '65 in as a '63, generally the year cutoff also includes what parts you used as well (no post '63 parts on the car either) although I'm not that familiar with their particular rules.

Respect the rules. If they start making exceptions, they'll end up having to let everyone in, and then it won't be a good show anymore.

6. bb1970

bb1970

I know '63 is a good cutoff point to loose all the Mustangs and such. I might contact them when registration starts and beg a little.

7. Deuces

Deuces

Screw that bullshit and just take it!!.. :mad:

8. matthew mcglothin

matthew mcglothin

You'll have a blast either way!! Best show ever and in a very cool city.

9. Jack60

Jack60
    from Maryland

You kids and your new cars, can't us old people have a place to go without all you kids............LOL Just kidding........ :D

I think 1969 is a good cut off year JMHO.....

10. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

Hey, we didn't register the 32 3W and found plenty of glass 32s with small blocks and late model seats and A/C and Heidts IFS etc. there. Not complaining, we parked outside the gate and had a great time for 2 days...don't sweat the small stuff. They'll be a crowd admiring your car in town and in the parking lot at the fairgrounds too. Come, enjoy. Texas is worth it even if you're not going to the Roundup.

11. JJK

JJK

At one point there was 63-65 Riviera loophole for The Roundup.

12. Well worth the trip - S.Congress you can cruise all night long IF you can't make it inside to show the Riv.
    This year we only went up for the day and took the wife's O/T Mazda(it stayed in the parking lot of course) and it was my favorite one yet, the passed years the '59 always goes with me.

Just sayin' car or no car you won't regret it!

13. Jay Tyrrell

Jay Tyrrell

Just go! Park outside and don't be one of those guys...Its their show their criteria. Just lump it sport.

14. chrisntx

chrisntx
    from Texas .

No problem, just get a traditional hotrod!
    Any Ford made before 1948 will do just fine.

15. Graham M

Graham M
    from Calgary AB

I'd just lie and say you swapped the '63 headlights for a set of '65's since "you like the look better".

16. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

I was at the Street Rod Nationals in Tulsa in 1973. There was a later model VW with one of those "40 Ford" fiberglass hoods. The car was registered for the show as a "'40 Ford coupe." Had to chuckle at the owner's chuztpah; it worked for him!

17. RFOSTER

RFOSTER

Just go I've been going for the last 6 years and it's a blast. Shit congress might be the best part of the whole sha-bang!!!!!

18. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

The show is such a small part of the Lone Star experience. I wouldn't even worry about it dude if you didn't register it as a 63. You'll have a blast with the family no matter what.

19. mcnally351

mcnally351
    from boston

take it as a 63, I can't imagine some one will kick you out. Worst case you cruise not in the show

20. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

I wouldnt knowingly break a rule just to get in. That aint right
    I'd call and ask someone and see if they have a like year policy or not.

21. Just thinking you wouldnt have a problem getting it in. I saw a few cars that "didnt belong" billet wheels, ect. Cars with the same body style such as your Riv, but a year or too past the cut off should be fine. They ask for a pic when you register, send them one and see what happens. Like everyone else says you will love Austin and the Round up either way.

22. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Take it anyway, it is allowed in town?

23. Junior Stock

Junior Stock

Hell, I heard there was a Camaro there this year.
    I say go for it.

24. Fuel to burn

Fuel to burn

Get to the expo center very early on Friday- If they don't let you in as a 65 find a good shady spot to park outside where you and the family can rest and relax when you need a break from walking around in the show. Repeat on Saturday. You will have a really good time.

25. Deuces

Deuces

Is it a gasser???:D:eek::D

26. I've gone to 3 Lone Star Round Ups without a car...

Twice I ran into logistical troubles before the show where I couldn't drive my Roadster and I went anyway and had just as good of a time as if I had brought it!

27. eightbanger

eightbanger

Send a pic and ask permission. 63-65 same body style. My 65 Riv has been in three Round ups.

28. metalix_421

metalix_421

my buddy has been in there 3 or 4 times with his i believe "65" biscane and never had a problem getting in