Register now to get rid of these ads!

I'm on Hot Rod TV

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by LaGrasta, Feb 23, 2009.

1. I was watching Hot Rod TV this past weekend, (thankfully I had it on Tivo), and they were at a recent car show I attended here in SoCal, the Mooneyes Christmas Party at The Irwindale Raceway. They were following the Choppers, a Burbank car club, around to see their #1 pick.

Keep in mind, there were over 1,000 cars at the event. As they were filming down one of the rows, there was my lime green '63! I was thrilled to see it. Last year my car was covered in Hot Rod Magazine as a "cool" daily driver. None of these mentions were features, but they sure made my day, just the same. I was pretty excited and I wanted to share.

2. Thorkle Rod

Thorkle Rod

I saw that, pretty cool man, I don't blame you for sharing it's gotta feel good for some recognition for all of the hard work.

3. 2-TONED

2-TONED

4. I saw that show Saturday due to TIVO. Nice head on face shot of Hot Rod Ron posing against his 227 Bullet Deuce... LOL

5. yankbuilt

yankbuilt

Just looked at my tivo.Looks good.Just think how many people have just seen your ride.Went from 10 to a million plus! It's worth more now, right?

6. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I usually manage to catch a rerun of 5WBomber building his roadster but I manage to see something I missed every time I watch it.

Cool beans, fifteen seconds of fame for you and the car. My truck is always the truck behind the car behind the car having it's photo take for the magazine. As in my buddy calling and telling me"Hey Rob your car is in a magazine". "Where?" I ask. "Behind that Buick sedan behind the roadster in the photo, you can see the corner of your roof'" he says.

Congrats on getting a bit of nice coverage on the car.

7. LOL, Yeah, now it's worth nearly half of what I have in it.

8. blackout

blackout

Now youre famous.

9. yankbuilt

yankbuilt

It just makes you feel good to see your ride, somewhere unexpected.Had my nova in , car craft readers rides, my doing, cause I sent the picture.But they posted it.Also summit racing, twice!Was one of the small corner page pictures,but still mine,also hot rod power tour in 98, I'm in the vidio of the ride.Just makes you feel good that someone other than you, likes your ride.Someone should start a thread on this.

10. I thought that rail looked familiar

11. theladylux

theladylux

Damn...I missed it! Does anyone know if the show is airing again?

12. An just think what Jesse James must think when he see's one of his bikes or himself or his nice wifey on tv.!!!LOL!!

13. weldtoride

weldtoride

Congrats. Having your car on TV like that must be a gas.

Whole different thing, but I saw my brother-in-laws car on COPS once.

14. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I read on another thread that was posted this weekend reg the show that it's airing again Feb 27th?.

15. sick50ford

sick50ford
    from nor cal

a little off topic but i was killing time at frys electronics and was skimming calendars for something fresh and nearly missed the thumbnail of a bug that i alone, brought back from the dead 10 years ago.(sold two years ago) i was like holy shit, thats my car. mrs september
    [​IMG]

16. That's cool Anthony...now you're famous...I'll have to watch it again and check your car out

17. yeah..........so who's going to UTUBE it on here??????

18. Now, that's funny!

19. thats funny.my 48 chevy was on cops when the coppers busted a crack house/motel next door to Russ Meeks shop in Oregon:eek:

20. No modeling contract was given out either. Still had a great time. I did not get to see it.