Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects I'm off to find my '30 Roadster in the Basement.

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by The37Kid, Oct 23, 2010.

1. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

They look great! Good to see you're still at it, Bob.

2. The37Kid

The37Kid

Doesn't look like progress, but the '37 rear crossmember did get cut to drop it.

Attached Files:

Six Ball likes this.
  3. Every bit is forward movement

4. The37Kid

The37Kid

Got my gas bottle refilled and was able to heat and bend back the boogered up exhaust passage holes in the '37 X member. Progress, and less ripped pants legs. A front crossmember by Shadow and a set of '32 rails and I'll have all the chassis bits. Bob

Attached Files:

Six Ball likes this.
  5. The37Kid

The37Kid

Put a rear fender on a '53 Ford pick up this morning, really like the look of those hubcaps, all trucks used them 1947-56. On the way back from lunch I stoped at a tag sale to look at some windows, all the tables were covered with clear plastic. Saw a box with a logo I recognized, Vintique. Bought four NEW in the box 47-56 Ford stainless steel hub caps. I thought the $20.00 was a good deal and paid the man. Bob

Six Ball and brEad like this.
  6. Gotta lova a good deal, Bob :D

7. The37Kid

The37Kid

Finding a wiring scamatic that I can UNDERSTAND is the one thing I really would like to find so I can clear that crap out of my mind and get back to working on the project. Saw one here I almost understood untill the experts started pointing out the flaws. Just want to know were every wire goes befor I buy it. It's really killed the whole project. Bob

Six Ball likes this.
  8. The37Kid

The37Kid

Great Coupe that 23buckethead has, great detail work. [​IMG]

9. The37Kid

The37Kid

I did add a '32 Heavy axle to the collection of parts early this month. It is bent, so it will be sent to Okie Joe for what he calles "Blueprinting", my round back spindles are going to him also. When things come back, all the caster/camber, and bent to clear the wishbone corrections will be made

Attached Files:

Six Ball and oliver westlund like this.
  10. Very nice pile of parts man.
    Like I said in another thread, the spirit of a true hot rod is in your basement.
    Just gotta put it together.
    Cant wait.
    Seth.

oliver westlund likes this.
  11. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

Glad to see you're still at it. Keep it up! :)

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

12. MIKE-3137

MIKE-3137

Going to be a great roadster.. I'm partial to 30-31s though :)

13. ronnieroadster

ronnieroadster

What your working on it again good for you Bob nothign beats a roadster.

14. The37Kid

The37Kid

Great day today! I found four wheels for the Roadster at a local weekly swap meet along with some others things I can selloff and wind up with free wheels. Bob

Attached Files:

Six Ball likes this.
  15. Bob, how did i miss those? ...i still keep thinking about that midget project that was there for $350.:oops:

16. The37Kid

The37Kid

Found them about 15 minutes after I saw you, they are 1940's, 3 still have that nice Ford green on them. I did sell the extra stuff that came in the deal, so the wheels are FREE.The Midget is in the HAMB classifieds, I didn't know the seller was a HAMB member. Bob

Six Ball likes this.
  17. The37Kid

The37Kid

Thanksgiving216_zps31979a0f.jpg Thanksgiving215_zpsf7c90961.jpg NEW ADDITIONS: The '32 Column drop I bought from Titus arrived today, so did our first Grandaughter.

18. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

Congrats on the granddaughter, Bob!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

19. So, every piece has a story, including the column drop!!! Excellent. tim

20. Yayyyy !!! A grand daughter, a column drop....and me finding a great frekn' thread !! Happy Birthday Bob !!! Time to take a small break on your roadster, and enjoy grand-pa-ing !!! Congratulations man !!! Yeeha !

21. Congratulations! Give the family my best regards. Sent you a wiring diagram that I did for my roadster. Not sure if I gave it to you before but it is simple. Nice Dash! MarkB

22. flatoz

flatoz

32 parts and a granddaughter in one day, life must be pretty good for you right about now.
    Congratulations.

23. noboD

noboD

Way to go Bro!

24. Congratulations on all fronts Bob!

(Doug, the '28 is at a good friend's shop getting the fuel system cleaned out- should be driving by Christmas :D)

25. noboD

noboD

If there's no video it didn't happen. I want to see William riding shotgun.

26. Great stuff.
    Congratulations on new Grandaughter.
    I've just got caught up with your progress. Nice to see your still plugging away at it.

27. Until I get to you, he's the only one with a seat :D

28. congratulations Bob!
    knowing Roberts work ethic i bet she was "on time and under budget":D

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  29. The37Kid

The37Kid

Thanksgiving276_zpseeef34af.jpg Thanks Ted, great to know this switch will work some day, hope you find that 13/16 x 28 tap. Bob

Six Ball and oliver westlund like this.
  30. The37Kid

The37Kid

This is a milestone for me, first electrical problem that stopped progress on the '30, but I worked through it, and found the answer . Found a switch, one that I like the looks of, it has been in a Model A dash panel that I've looked at for five years now, hanging on the wall at Heratage Auto Restorations. Shop is going to be 40 years old later this month. Asked and found out it would work, ordered a 13/16x28 tap and drill from "That Auction Site"and I can move along to the next step. Cool thing is the fact I sold a tap there a few hours ago and it covered the cost of the one I needed! Dad would have been 99 today, kind of nice that I'm doing something with the project today. Bob

Six Ball and ravedodger like this.