Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects I'm off to find my '30 Roadster in the Basement.

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by The37Kid, Oct 23, 2010.

1. boy it was hot here this afternoon, i was working in the basement to beat the heat. i guess your just naturally cool.

2. The37Kid

The37Kid

Hershey 2012 additions, better original lower panel under trunk lid and a pair of 1953 Buick tail lights. I wanted the '53 Buick lights, because I remember riding out of the Norwalk, Ct. Buick dealership in Dad's new Buick V8, I was almost 2 1/3 years old.

Attached Files:

Six Ball likes this.
  3. what field was it in?

4. The37Kid

The37Kid

Next row over, found it on my way to the Pizza Man.

5. noboD

noboD

Huh??

6. The37Kid

The37Kid

I've got a line on a 1940 X member, going through the HAMB for chassis build details. This was taken from the Ray Basso Riley Roadster build, can't think of a nicer way to run the exhaust. Bob [​IMG]

Six Ball likes this.
  7. The37Kid

The37Kid

This is how it looked 11 years ago today, can't say it really looks much different right now. Bob[​IMG]

8. Quin22cy

Quin22cy
    from USA

Looking forward to your updates[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

9. The37Kid

The37Kid

Project is still in the basement, I walk past it every day, and I have now blocked out the electrical crap that clouded my desire of working on it. Had a GREAT weekend! I've been reading the classified ads here on the HAMB and Ford Barn, there are some real deals on bits and pieces I needed. Lots of good people selling stuff they don't need and every sale helps them with their project. Found a '37 Ford frame on The Barn in Albany, N.Y. about a two hour drive for me, ad another hour drive and I could make the Rolling Bones Garage nite! I've always wanted to see the Bones Shop so Vince76 on The Barn agreed to let the chassis stay at his place until I made the trip north. Last weeks snow storm closed Connecticut so that trip got rolled back to this past Friday. Treated myself to a Chevy pickup rental from Enterprise with 1137 miles on it, I87 in N.Y. is a real nice ride. The '37 chassis was just what I wanted, real nice X member and rear crossmember, rails were shot, 10 minites with a Saws-All and it fit in the 6 foot box perfectly. Salvaged some odds and ends for a restored today, will knock out some rivets tomorrow. A '32 Heavy and some '34 bones and I've got all my chassis bits. Hit a Tag Sale today and added a future OT daily driver to the driveway. Good times! Bob:D

Attached Files:

Six Ball likes this.
  10. The37Kid

The37Kid

Just read the Excelsior Tire thread and found this photo of Fairlane500's Roadster, have to add it to my file for motivation. Bob [​IMG]

Fairlane500 and kiwijeff like this.
  11. The37Kid

The37Kid

The 4 Bolt HEMI Headers arrived today!!!!!!!!!!!!! Found these here on the HAMB, thank you Rob3865 for listing them, nice to add another HAMB member to the parts supplier list. These fit nice and close to the block, I really like the look of them. Bob

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 2, 2013
    Six Ball likes this.
  12. Those look GREAT, Bob!!!

13. The37Kid

The37Kid

Yes they do! I never knew about them until someone posted a photo of a HEMI powered '32 Ford here on the HAMB. Now, if I can find a CUNNINGHAM intake I'll have all my engine parts.:rolleyes::D Bob

14. Maveth

Maveth

subscribed. just finished reading your thread, im trying to hide mine at work in the corner of the shop. The owner hasn't seen it yet.

15. Bob, we're starting to get some Mopar vendors to show up regularly at Brad54's swap meet- can you give me more info on the intake you're looking for?

16. ESGEE

ESGEE
    from Sweden

Never built a car in the basment, but servral bikes....

17. The37Kid

The37Kid

Mac, This is the only photo I could find here on the HAMB. Someone posted another within the last 6 months with fins on it that looked really nice. Briggs Cunningham lived in Greens Farms about 30 minutes down the road, I admired him and his cars, think an intake would be a nice addition to my project. Bob [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 8, 2013
  18. The37Kid

The37Kid

Six Ball likes this.
  19. I was wondering if it was a Briggs Cunnningham piece... settin' yer sights pretty low there, Bob :D

Will keep an eye out for you!

20. The37Kid

The37Kid

Well it will go well with the Bugatti nuts and bolts that hold the Pierce Arrow dash with AC Cobra SMITHS gauges. Bob

21. Srv64

Srv64

Good luck with the build Im from Ct too building 31 pickup any model a stuff for sale?

22. The37Kid

The37Kid

If you go back to the original post it is amazing to see how much stuff I've parted with since then. Some remodeling stuff has taken up room lately. Bob

Attached Files:

Six Ball likes this.
  23. The37Kid

The37Kid

No matter how small, progress is progress, drilled the rivets out of the '37 chassis to free the rear crossmember. That is a stock '32 on the right. Next step is to get a piece of I beam and find the HAMB thread or magazine feature about flattening it. Best part of the day was putting a Radio Flyer wagon together for my Grandson. It was a good St. Particks Day! Bob

Attached Files:

Six Ball likes this.
  24. The37Kid

The37Kid

The guy that will someday finish my Roadster just got his first.

Attached Files:

Six Ball likes this.
  25. if he is like his grandpa, he will be too big to ride that one when he finishes getting it together:D

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  26. The37Kid

The37Kid

Just spent a few hours drilling out the X member to frame rail rivets on the '37 chassis I bought back in January. Adding stuff to next weeks scrap yard run is what motivated me. Getting it sandblasted and in primer will be the next thing. Think I'll flatten the '40 rear crossmember next. Any time I make a little progress it is a good thing. Bob

Six Ball likes this.
  27. 33sporttruck

33sporttruck

Okay Bob, I am up to date on your build thread. I know the roadster will come out nice. I will be keeping an eye on your progress. Now that I know that I am only about 4 years older than you, I guess I better put some time in on my 33 Chevy Ext-Cab.
    I really connected with your thoughts and sentiments when you mentioned old friends (past and present) and that every part has a story. Stay in Touch, Jeff

28. The37Kid

The37Kid

Six Ball likes this.
  29. The37Kid

The37Kid

Picked up the bones tonight, they look great, BCCHOPIT did a really nice job. Some weld dressing and they are off the a sand blaster. Next big expense will be a '32 Heavy axle. Bob

Attached Files:

Six Ball likes this.