Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects I'm off to find my '30 Roadster in the Basement.

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by The37Kid, Oct 23, 2010.

1. I like the rear bones treatment and will allow fine tuning of your pinion angle. JW

2. I thought you would like my boxing......But I am glad to see they made the trip.

3. The37Kid

The37Kid

If you look at the last photo I posted look for the Miller TIG welder. Oh, it isn't there, but if I sell off all the unwanted crap maybe I can afford one. That is a new goal I set while boxing that high chair and demounting some tires. Sell, organize, make floor space and maybe some progress on the Roadster. Bob

4. The37Kid

The37Kid

Finally got to the far side, now I have a view of the light at the end of the tunnel. List, sell, pack & ship. Bob AFTER Hersher 2015 697.jpg

5. Go get em Bob, i hope the light isn't just the window.:rolleyes::D JW

6. The37Kid

The37Kid

That's an eight foot sliding glass door, years ago I used to roll cars in and out before the collection grew. 1928 443 Packard Roadster, the '28 AA Rack Body, and the '12 T have all been in there over the years. Cars on wheels I like that concept. Bob

7. The37Kid

The37Kid

Wiring Diagram arrived from Coach Controls today, FINALLY the mystery has been exposed. All my wiring needs will be supplied by these people. Thank you for being the FIRST company to print a wiring plan that the clueless can understand. Check out their website www.coachcontrols.com MERRY CHRISTMAS!

8. The37Kid

The37Kid

Shipped the 1928 COLDWELL lawn mower engine today, gained more floor space and a few bucks to spend on both projects. I had the whole mower but took the twin cylinder motor off with plans to rebuild it. Heads and manifolds were taken off and then I lost interest, had it for 50 years. I found the Roadster body in 1962 that was 54 years ago, I'm moving right along. Bob

9. project should move along now.:D
    are you in the shop tomorrow?

10. The37Kid

The37Kid

Yes, I'll be at Franks, '28 Touring,' 29 Tudor and the new project a 1931 Deluxe Two Door Phaeton are the current projects.

oliver westlund likes this.
  11. Good things shouldn't be rushed, Bob.:cool::D JW

12. Yer right Jeremy, but none of us are getting any younger either, and I worry that we will have driverless cars upon us shortly, and our time left to use our toys on public roads, is getting shorter.

Your making progress Bob, and that's the main thing.
    Onward n upward.

48fordnut and 26 T Ford RPU like this.
  13. That's scary talk Jeff.:eek::( JW

14. Is it like paint by numbers?:rolleyes:

15. Or a jig Saw in a plain box? JW

ct1932ford likes this.
  16. King ford

King ford
    from 08302

Greetings 37 kid!..looks like you need a set of 38-39 standard ford fenders ! I think I see room for them in the left rear corner of your shop!!

17. The37Kid

The37Kid

It just shows a clear photo of every gizmo that gets a wire and all the wires are in different colors, and the wires are ID'd for what they do. I won't live long enough to wire either car, but it is a comfort to know were the cause of the fire starts. Bob

Last edited: Mar 24, 2016
    oliver westlund and ct1932ford like this.
  18. I would be more concerned about a fire in the basement than one in a car.

ct1932ford likes this.
  19. The37Kid

The37Kid

Twenty nine years ago the oil burner did explode, a half hour after the oil burner guy that we don't use any more left. I'll post a photo of the tool box that was crushed in the blast. I was standing between the oil burner and the shelf it was on 3-5 minutes before the blast, would have cut me in half. No fear of the basement or things in it, but clueless and scared silly about auto wires. Bob

20. didn't it do damage to the kitchen floor also? i remember Pete Wing calling you linoleum Blownapart after it happened..........................i miss Pete.

oliver westlund and ct1932ford like this.
  21. The37Kid

The37Kid

Thanks Ted, I never knew about that Pete Wing line, funny one. If you look at my last photo that is the 8 foot slider in the background, that blew out and landed about six feet out in the yard, door and jamb blew off the top of the staircase, that took away most of the force. The '12 Ford and '28 AA Truck project were down there, but none of the shrapnel hit them. No fire, lots of broken water pipes. Bob

oliver westlund likes this.
  22. The37Kid

The37Kid

Ok, Its Sunday and a new month, time to put some shoes on and go down there and do something, details at 6:00.

23. Cool...........Im waiting.:cool::) JW

24. he may still be working down there.

25. :rolleyes:

26. The37Kid

The37Kid

This is the before photo, the inspector showed up, took his jacket off and went right to work. Mumbled something about "Lot of junk Da, better bring it to Hershey". DSCF1758.JPG DSCF1751.JPG

27. The37Kid

The37Kid

DSCF1762.JPG DSCF1771.JPG Basement Madonna seams pleased but worried that the clutter will return some day. Main deal today was moving the boxes out from under the work table the cowl is on out so I have easy access to the recycled kitchen cabinets. They are only 1/3 filled, plan to put a metal covered counter top on them and have another workbench. Might eBay enough crap I found to cover the cost of blasting the Steelback body shell. One of my better afternoons down there. DSCF1763.JPG DSCF1770.JPG

28. Bob, how much for the fire hydrant?
    we can tell Bobby was "on the job":D:cool: