Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects "I'm here to pick up the rubbish"

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Drylake, Jul 18, 2016.

1. Drylake

Drylake

Visited a local shop for parts today! Holy crap![​IMG]had a few lights![​IMG]also had a few wire wheels! [​IMG]funniest part was i went with my wife because my foot is busted up! She walked in and within the first few seconds said "I'll wait in the car" roles were reversed for once! I'll be going back!

Sent from my SM-N910G using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

2. xmwags

xmwags

drylakespeedshop likes this.
  3. Drylake

Drylake

4. Drylake

Drylake

The lights on the ceiling are pretty impressive, prices seem ok as well.

5. John's got some neat stuff in there. I was looking for a pair of brake drums for my 47 Chev, he pointed me to the back shed, I went in and burrowed through the stuff and found a pair of N.O.S. Drums, and his prices are good. I don't know how that roof can hold up 5 tons of brass headlights!

drylakespeedshop and grumpy32 like this.
  6. Drylake

Drylake

Or the shelving holding the tons of parts... i was thinking, don't move the wrong part I'll get buried! Need a good amount of time to dig through.

7. Drylake

Drylake

8. grumpy32

grumpy32
    from Australia

Jeez, I haven't been to Johns place in ages. Last thing I remember buying from him was my 40 sloper back in 87 or 88....

Sent from my SM-G920I using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

9. Drylake

Drylake

Well I've broken my foot, bad! Had to have surgery and am spending the next 12-16 weeks hunting on the internet for parts, unable to work. As I've not shown the photos of my unloading of the 32 (which was a bullet sweating nightmare) i thought I'd throw one of the photos up. I picked the old girl up with an 8x5 tandem trailer and it hung out the back, alot. Reversing down to my shed i had the challenge of moving parts, projects and equipment out of the way to get my new prized possession unloaded. Using an engine crane was a stressful experience by myself! I also managed to get my ute bogged in the entance of my shed with the trailer attached. Thankfully a good mate of mine Josh towed me out with a good stir up of course![​IMG]

Last edited: May 17, 2017
  10. Drylake

Drylake

[​IMG]when i finally got it unloaded the following day i started removing the bumper, brackets, running boards and fenders which i later built a loft in the shed to accomidate long term storage incase later down the track i decide i would like a change up and go full fendered. I dragged out all my wire wheels and picked through the best and sold what i didn't need. Please ignore the scoop on the flatty , i won't be running that.

sloppy jalopies and 120mm like this.
  11. Drylake

Drylake

I picked up another deck lid, some sedan doors and a closed cab cowel recently for decent prices. Really just waiting for my foot to heal now.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] busted my foot walking up a stair case. Ended up with a screw to pull the bone back across and the stitches that come with it.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  12. Drylake

Drylake

As i can't put wait on it, I've been straightening up my 35 wires. Progress is slow.

13. Fargin Yeowch! That looks errr.. Painful. Now is the time to get all those little "bench-bound" jobs done - overhaul carby's, check swap meet switches, etc. I had 3 months of "shed therapy" after an op a few years ago, I got a lot of little crappy jobs done. If I didn't do them at that time, I still wouldn't have my roadster on the road. Hope it all goes well for you, keep off the skateboard!

brEad and drylakespeedshop like this.
  14. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Some months ago, I developed a case of gout! (I thought it was a Brit disease for old stuffy men!)
    Two injections and a boatload of pills got me back up, but my feet were so sore I couldn't stand.
    My '27 Tub was wondering where I was...

15. Hope it was,nt caused by the dreaded Aussie thong/plipflop addiction. Hope you can get stuck into it again real soon.

16. thommoina33

thommoina33
    Alliance Member
    from australia
    Staff Member

So been following along with the thread and all of a sudden see my old boot lid on the roadster, small world. Remember your parents saying you hurt your foot when they picked it up. Get better and get back on the build.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

17. chev34ute

chev34ute

Ouch, that looks very unpleasant, I hope it heals soon. Other than a broken foot, you make this build seem almost effortless. I never tire of the treasures you seem to uncover, I had no idea there was still so much out there. I have well and truly exhausted what was around my area. Speaking of which, if you happen to come across any closed Model A cowls I am looking for one for a future coupe build, once your foot has healed that is !

18. Nailhead A-V8

Nailhead A-V8

I wonder if this isn't quite possibly the very last field find deuce roadster.... it just doesn't seem possible there are any more....combined with the fact that you subsidize the endeavor by finding and selling more old tin, getting it in circulation again makes this one kick ass thread!....however I must admit threads like this and the $25. roadster thread make me more than a little envious

Outback and drylakespeedshop like this.
  19. Drylake

Drylake

Sitting and rotting thread has shown they're still out there waiting to be saved![​IMG][​IMG] I'd be trying to save as much as i could. Even the rough stuff looks slick hanging on the shed wall!

biggeorge and grumpy32 like this.
  20. Drylake

Drylake

I had a bit of fun at a cool little shop today![​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]i like the radio tuner alot! I'm thinking it could work on the 32? For those not familiar with the radio tuner the tip of the v8 simbol rotates with the nob to select the station, pretty neat!

21. Drylake

Drylake

Yes the skulls are carb scoops... they look to be early castings too!

22. That tuner is neat! I reckon you could install an MP3 player inside one of those things, along with a little amplifier. One of those neat old chrome horns next to the skulls - same as I have in my Chev. OK,where was this little shop?

23. BuiltFerComfort

BuiltFerComfort

I think the tuner should be turned into a speedometer - minimum speed in a hot rod is 55 kph, right?

BFC

24. Drylake

Drylake

25. elgringo71

elgringo71

Yes you did!! Let's see some more pictures of the coupe.

26. Drylake

Drylake

I haven't unloaded yet. I did get more... should help finance the 32 build.

elgringo71 likes this.
  27. Drylake

Drylake

[​IMG]whats left of a 1924-25 T coupe...[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]now I have a few 35-36 rears I can choose the best one.... it made for an interesting parts swap with a mate of mine getting held up with road works and then was pulled over by the cops only to find out his trailer rego had lapsed. Which followed with an array of mishaps. But.... we did it, and made it home![​IMG]the diffs (especially the one with torque tube attached) proved to be a BIG challenge to load. Me having a broken foot really didn't help!

28. Drylake

Drylake

Dodge doors have sold! 38 cab is not far from a sale, time for a parts order from the US .[​IMG]

kiwijeff, biggeorge and kidcampbell71 like this.
  29. jerseyboy

jerseyboy

Cool door on that cab! Nice load of tin.

drylakespeedshop and CadMad like this.
  30. fourspd2quad

fourspd2quad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

This is some funny stuff!

biggeorge likes this.