Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest I'm devastated. Bad bad news.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rickybop, Jan 16, 2014.

1. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Oh dear God, have mercy.

The love of my life, my reason for living, my dear sweet loving wife Sandy...who stuck with me through all the good and bad for 27 years, and continued to believe in me in spite of everything...and who did so much to encourage and support my interest in vintage cars and hot rods...(and who's enjoyed them as much as I have) died suddenly and unexpectedly at our home on Monday evening. She was alone. I was way out back in the barn/shop finishing some work on my off-topic pu truck. I walked back to the house after about an hour to check on her, because I couldn't reach her on the phone. The horror of finding her lifeless still lingers, and I know that much grief is still ahead for me. We had no children, so I'm alone now.

I doubt that you guys will see me around here much for quite a while. I've got an extremely big adjustment to make, and much to attend to that has nothing at all to do with old cars. I want you all to know, that Sandy thoroughly enjoyed sometimes sitting in with me on the Hamb, witnessing the antics, and she understood the kind of community and comradery we share here. I thank all of you for allowing me to be part of that.

I can't believe it...it seems so unreal, like a terrible nightmare. I'm so sad and devastated. I don't know what I'll do without her.

Here's my dear Sandy back when I first met her. Is there any wonder why I fell so in love with her? Her heart was even more beautiful than her appearence. I swear to God...she was the most loving, giving, forgiving, outgoing, encouraging, sweet, kind, caring, comforting, selfless woman I've ever met. She knew the meaning and importance of practicing the art of giving of herself. She had a knack for looking for and recognizing an individual's particular need, and helping to fulfill that need. I've seen her do the nicest things for complete strangers. And I was lucky enough to be the main object of her affection...though I doubt that I deserved to be. She had a wonderful sense of humor, and a genuine love for our creator. She rarely took credit for all the good she did. She'd always say, "To God goes the glory...I'm just a vessle of his love." I'm sobbing.

[​IMG]

I'd like to thank Danny (HOTRODPRIMER) for being so kind by having the auction for the Deuce grill shell to help pay for Sandy's marker. Also to everyone who's sent donations, PMs, and posted such comforting words of support. Thank you. God bless you all.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2014
  2. Pete

Pete

I am very sorry for your loss.

My prayers to you.

pete-

3. upspirate

upspirate

Sorry to hear of her passing and your loss

4. my deepest sympathies....
    i never met her or you, but have enjoyed reading your posts. like you, my wife reads over my shoulder some times, or we pass the computer back and forth.
    i am saddened.
    be strong.

5. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

my condolences , on your loss , ...

6. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

7. Harms Way

Harms Way

If I can help in any way,... Don't hesitate to contact me.... Your in my prayers....

8. rod1

rod1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Rickybop,I'm so sorry..If you ever need someone to just talk to.. Pm me for my number. call Any time..

9. I'm so sorry for your loss. I hope the memories of your wonderful life together helps to soothe your grief :-(

10. metal man

metal man

Good god,man..I don't even know what to say to you right now. I am so sorry about this. I can't even imagine what you feel. You know, there are people on here that come and go, and then there are guys and girls like yourself, who I actually begin to consider a friend....even though we have never met.

I am truly sad for you, and you will be in my thoughts in the days to come. Reading your post actually brought a tear to my eye,and I'm a big tough guy normally.

I hope you will continue to check in once in a while at least.We will worry about you a lot more if you disappear on us. You need as many friends around you as you can get right now. - Jim

11. hrm2k

hrm2k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

So Sorry for your loss

12. ...just heard a bell ring, an angel got her wings.
    prayers are with you.

13. jetnow1

jetnow1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from CT
    1. A-D Truckers

Prayers for you and your lovely wife. Remember that you were blessed with 27 good years
    with her, and that she would want you to go on.

slack likes this.
  14. 117harv

117harv

Wow, I am SO sorry for your loss, if there is anything I can do PLEASE let me know.

15. black 62

black 62
    from arkansas

16. My deepest Sympathies to You and Your Loved Ones at this time of great loss in your life.

17. Hotrodbuilderny

Hotrodbuilderny

I am so sorry for your loss. I have been with my wife for over 40 years and can't imagine what I would do.

18. So sorry for your loss. Prayers sent.

19. fritzz

fritzz
    from canada

so sorry,prayers sent.

20. Peace be with you. Sending prayers.

21. haychrishay

haychrishay

Praying that god will comfort you ! So Sorry for your loss!

22. J'st Wandering

J'st Wandering

I feel for you. I only know you though this site but enjoy what you contribute. Sorry to hear of your loss. I will keep you in our thoughts and prayers.

Neal

23. low-n-slo54

low-n-slo54

I am so sorry. You are in my prayers.

24. pastlane

pastlane

My heart goes out to you. I'm so very sorry to hear of your loss.

The Hamb is a community and if you need anything at all, just ask.

25. Hotrodmyk

Hotrodmyk
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Northwest HAMBers

Condolences, sorry for your loss.

26. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

Oh man, Rickybop. Like you it's just my long time wife and I, and I also come in from the shop often to check on her. Can't imagine the loss and loneliness you are feeling. Hope you get back on your feet and the HAMB soon, your posts will be missed.

27. 53 sparky

53 sparky

Rickybop, I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. May God grant you comfort and peace during this difficult time.

28. oldsjoe

oldsjoe

My deepest sympathy and prayer's are sent your way! Stay strong and and believe!

29. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

I, too, am very sorry to hear that you have lost your Dear Wife. Words seem so inadequate at a time like this.

My sincere condolences for your loss .......Best Wishes

30. Rickybop: Just very very difficult to grasp. I can in no way even imagine what you must be going through. I will pray for you. You need some friends or family to be with you NOW to have someone to talk with and a sympathetic shoulder. Please contact any of us if you need to talk, pray or weep. Pm, e-mail or call.....Tim