Register now to get rid of these ads!

I'm bummed, my tools got stolen

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fiat128, Jun 9, 2008.

1. fiat128

fiat128
    from El Paso TX

What a crappy day. I realized this morning that someone stole my toolcase out of my car. This contained most of my hand tools like sockets and wrenches.

While the monetary part of this sucks, the worse part is that I had some of my father's tools in there like his Plomb ratchets and other things that had alot of sentimental value.:(

I'll start combing all the pawn shops this afternoon and hopefully I can find them.

Part of this is my fault for keeping them in my car but I like to have them on me in case the car breaks down.

This is the second "robbery" I've had this year but this one hurts a lot worse (stealing a man's tools is a low thing to do. It's probably nearly equal to fucking his wife). I can't recall getting stuff stolen like this ever before.

2. makes you wonder why the hell people can't leave other stuff alone.. A Holes..
    Hope ya find the guy who did it..

1939fiat

3. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

While most of us here may be guilty of one of those " wrong things " ... I never stole a fellows tool box. :)

4. chopolds

chopolds
    from howell, nj
    1. Kustom Painters

I had my car stolen a LONG time ago, nice 57 Chevy ragtop, too!, and I had a whole bunch of my tools in the trunk, in case of breakdown. Since they were usually kept in the house garage, my parents' home owners insurance paid for replacement. I was lucky enough my neighbor knew about this clause, and told my parents.

5. Pete1930

Pete1930
    from Boston

Been there, done that. Sucks.

I now keep the good tools at home, and buy a set of 'emergency tools' in the car. Get a cheap set of Wal-Mart tools, a lot of them come in a plastic case, and keep them in the car. Anything that happens on the road - plugs, points, heater hose, etc., can be fixed even with mediocre tools.

Good luck
    Pete

6. floored

floored

Pick up a gun and a shovel, if you ever catch the guy use them both. The world has no use for thieves.
    Just a little advise, try not to openly put anything of value in your car, if you drive a van or pickup for work keep the doors closed or back it in when your doing stuff at home. You would be amazed how many thefts are by neighbors or people who drove by and saw something, most thefts are not just random acts by lowlifes walking by.

7. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I know the feeling, had my tools stolen while I was in the Army. Only they went out of my room! Yup one of those big arse tool kits that are about 6ft tall. Funny, my barracks were in a secure area of the base that you have to sign into and out, then you go out the main gate through another security check, no one saw it go out. Wouldnt fit in anything other than a Ute or trailer. It gets worse, I lived on the second floor and it would have taken at least 4 guys to get it down the stairs even empty!
    Barracks insurance coffed up $10,000 to replace them all. Wouldn't compensate me fro the Injectors and blower snout though.
    Oddly they didn't question anything about it! The MPs did an investigation and found nothing either.
    I bought a cheapy tool kit to keep in my car, will get me out of trouble but I wouldn't want to use them every day!
    Find the fucker and introduce him to mister quick lime and a deep hole.

8. HOT ROD DAVE

HOT ROD DAVE

dude that sucks, hope you find the flaming bastards

9. NOTCH

NOTCH

those basterds!!! hope you find the assholes who stole your shit and kick there teeth in!!!!

10. long island vic

long island vic

had that happen years back,at a main intersaction in the city,at a bus stop the junkie cleaned me out so much that i had to borrow money to get back to work the next day....i went around to all the nearby sites to see it they were sold off,,seams he hit them all in the last few weeks,,,long story short one of the union guys comes to my site a few weeks later to say that some guy fell into a hole and shoveled dirt on top of himself

11. Bumpstick

Bumpstick

I keep a set of cheap "road tools" in my car and the good set stays at home. If they get stolen no big loss. -stick

12. That's just wrong!!!! Sorry bout the loss>>>>.

13. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

Amazing what some scumbags will put their life on the line to steal. Hubcaps, jackstands, tools, bicycles.
    As the old Mississippi farmer said "the back 40s full of 'em".

14. C4 Metal Werks

C4 Metal Werks
    from California

I slow painful death!!!!! for the thief. That really sucks

15. beamishstout

beamishstout
    from vail, az

I would start checking out local pawn shops. I have had a coupla buddies get their tools/ parts taken out of trucks and garages. They start to check out local pawn shops and voila'....There is some of the tools. You might not get it all back, but if you find your pop's old tools, it was worth it. You can also start askin some of the local meth heads that hang around the streets. That usually works as well.

16. marvbarrish

marvbarrish
    from SoCal

Every time I go to Pomona swap meet I see many many used tools for sale that you just know were stolen from somebody. Some of the tools have names engraved in them and even social security numbers! But no matter, there they are being sold in the open. I never buy any because it just doesn't feel right. I tell myself if my tools ever get stolen I'm going to comb that swap meet looking for them. There really should be some policing done there.

17. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

I did the same as Stick, I havent had any stolen yet, but im not letting them get my snap-on, or Crapsman sets. or SK's
    i bought a "Huskey" (i think) tool kit all in one with a plastic case..so far its had just about everything ive needed..

ya need to go out and buy a new long handle torque wrench, find the bastard and beat him with it.

18. Yup i've got a hisky set too paid about 60 bucks for it and it has worked out great. Has just about everything I need, then I usually get a set of wrenches, screw drivers, and pliers as well. Even some of the Harbor Freight crap works good for emergency tools.

19. coopdevill65

coopdevill65
    from tac ,wa

Funny This Post Came Up. I Just Had My Garage Door Worked On At Home. I Tried Fixin It Myselgf Until 2 Of My Screwdrivers Ended Up Flying Across The Shop Into My Wall. Anyways The Guy Fixed The Door And After Wiping Up All The Drool On My Car We Were B.s.ing And He Told Me He Could Get Me A New Door Opener For Free. So Isaid Hell Yes Bring It. So He Did And Left. As I Was Putting Up The New Door I Went For My Trusty Bag Of Tools I Keep In My Car. Well I Am Missing A Full Rack Of Sockets! And Now The Asshole Wont Awnser My Call!

20. duste01

duste01

All my tools are engraved "this tool has been stolen From Dusty" and they are all painted spray bomb Blue.

21. El_Gato_Scott

El_Gato_Scott
    from So. Tex.

Didn't have any tools stolen, but I had a break-in last Wednesday! Just 4 days after bringing my '57 New Yorker home. The wife and I were away from the house, but our neighbor confronted the guy who then fled on foot. He was only in the house for 1 or 2 minutes tops! Still got a bracelet that belonged to my wife, but it could have been way worse. I think with the high prices of goods, services, gas and groceries we are going to see more crime by desperate people. They look for easy scores, so lock 'em down tight at night, amigos!

22. wc chopper

wc chopper

My last house was on the bad side of town and I was broken into so manytimes it wasn't funny!! The last time they used a battery powered circular saw to cut the garage side off in between 2 studs!!! Now thats ballsy they did it when while we were closing on a new house. Scumbags !!!

23. sherwood79762

sherwood79762

Really sorry to hear about your tools. I know how it is in El Paso though. I just moved here in January and I've already had the center caps off my Dodge stolen and my fifthwheel hitch stolen out of the back. It's a lot different from Odessa that's for sure. Good luck finding your stuff.

24. Robert gilbert

Robert gilbert
    from boston

Im feel for ya on this one . I move out to az and was working on a job site . Parked my van full of tools out front and ran in just for one min and came out my truck was gone , 5 grand in tools and my truck taken buy some tweeker scum bag . Three days later i get the call my truck is in the inpound yard they got the guy . Im thinking im going to get some justice . They let this asshole out on bail and he takes off . Didnt get a tool back had no why to make a living . This looser sold my shit for pennies and im out a job . I alsow couldnt pay my rent or buy food . It could be worse

25. Hey, at least one of these stories has a happy ending.

I've lost so many damned tools some of them had to have been stolen when I wasn't paying attention. I probably should take the $1's for Thruway tolls off my dash, but knock on wood no one's busted into this truck. The fact that I never clean and it's full of shit probably helps.

26. VNTGE41

VNTGE41
    from l.a.

i agree buy some cheap tools to keep in your car for emergencies and leave the good ones at home or at work.which reminds me i should take my toolbox out of my car.

27. Rockys Rod Shop

Rockys Rod Shop
    from nj

Some ass hole riped off my fathers gas staiton that use to work for us. He sold the stuff i mean every thing we owned tool and equp. and went out and got a 68 corvette he spent 2 years doing the car over and when it was done i ran the fuckin thing over with my c-60 tow truck fucked up my truck but man it was funny to see the wheel still with the trailing arm on it roll down the street. Oh and he did get one hell of a beating!!!

ROCKY I HATE ROBBING BASTERDS