Register now to get rid of these ads!

im begining to think i cant do anything right....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by oldskool55, Jul 27, 2005.

1. oldskool55

oldskool55
    from socal

yeah uh i bought this stuff "Tow Kool" for my radiator i wasnt paying attention and grabbed the stuff for an automatic transmission... i didnt realize this until i pourd two bottles into my radiator!!! what do i do? will it mess anything up if i leave it in? im haveing somebody come to look at it and possible buy it friday so if its going to cause problems i need ideas fast...:eek:

2. yorgatron

yorgatron
    Member Emeritus

it's additive for ATF?

it's gonna make your coolant look funny,but it won't hurt anything.

why did you need the stuff anyway,is the trans heating up?

i would flush out your cooling system,and fill it with water/antifreeze,otherwise the buyer might pull the radiator cap,look at the gunk in there,and decide not to buy it because it looks like it blew a head gasket or cracked the head.

3. oldskool55

oldskool55
    from socal

i got it because i thought it was for the cooling system.. the bottles look the same:rolleyes: i was going to buy purple ice but this stuff was 99 cents and i used the cooling stuff last summer and it worked good.

i tried skimming it off the with a vaccuum pump but all i wa gettin was water i guess ill just pull the lwer hose tomorrow and flush it all out. i havent run it yet so it shouldnt be too hard to get it all out...