Register now to get rid of these ads!

I'm back!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Mel, May 17, 2005.

1. Mel

Mel

My final semester of college is done, senior project has been graded, and I'm back.... ready to get the dodge where it should be... finished.

For those who are interested in what I've been slaving away on, I put some pics from the photo shoot and fashion show here....

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/fashionkitten13/album?.dir=a67c&.src=ph&store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/fashionkitten13/my_photos

I had to design a clothing collection and pick a few from it that I would create patterns for to fit particular models and sew them myself. Of course I choose leather ;) Then I had to create a marketing plan, complete trend boards, and specifications as though these were actually going into production.

And just to keep it kinda on topic here's a pic of the girls with my car and the collection book I made from diamond plate.

~Melissa

2. yorgatron

yorgatron
    Member Emeritus

models and a classic car,great combo! :D

3. Jkustom

Jkustom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hey mel! Good to hear about you "comin out west where you belong" (isnt that a song?) Too bad yer not making it to paso... Take care of your folks while they are out there with ya....

4. Isaak_M

Isaak_M
    from LV/WA

Does this mean you have to find a job now??? ;)
    Looks interesting.
    Best of luck.

5. lucky_1974

lucky_1974

My wife graduated with that degree from the U of MN. I am impressed with your line and congrats on the hard work and dedication to finish and see it through. I think they work at breaking you to see if you can survive it. So are you heading to one of the coasts to go cut your teeth or freelance locally?

6. Anderson

Anderson

7. lucky_1974

lucky_1974

Damn Mel,

I see you are from Fairmount that ain't to far from where my wife grew up (Brandon, SD), I drive through there quite often, must be some fashion bug in the water down in that area.:D

8. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Congrats sweetie! Feels great doesn't it???:cool: The clothes look bithen, and I just LOVE the scrapbook!:D See ya at the drags.

9. Bigdaddy

Bigdaddy
    BANNED

Maybe some shots can be in the Tin and Skin??? Maybe a little to clothed but it would be cool for you to get published... Congrats on school I just graduated last year myself.

Bigdaddy

10. Mel

Mel

Thanks for all the kind words... it feels awesome knowing that I won't have to sit through anymore classes!

I haven't officially graduated because there's a little matter of a 1 credit internship to do. I have a couple of offers so I'm heading to LA for the summer to finish that up with a couple of other girls from my class. Should be a great time, although I'll be missing out on BBTF's this year...

11. Revhead

Revhead
    from Dallas, TX

Congratumalatiens. Now next time you head down here, YOU can figure out the parking garage exit signs...

12. Lookin good girl! Congrats on the gradidiation.

13. Congratulations MEL

I still have Nightmares that I've over slept on Exam day..., and the test's were for 3 classes I skipped for the whole year..., and I show up Nude...!:eek:

But I don't have them as often anymore!!!:D

Where in LA LA land...???

In L.A. you don't have to figure out the parking RAMPs..., "Nobody else does...!!!";)

Good Fortune...!

Mark

14. first congratulations the line looks great.

Second, why were you not wearing those clothes at the Roundup??

15. Velcome Back.

I think we missed you.

:)

Cheers

MAIKI

16. atch

atch

congratulations, mel. graduation is one of the coolest times of life. my best wishes for success and happiness throughout your life.

you gonna be back in time for the hamb drags?

17. Fat Hack

Fat Hack
    from Detroit

Congrats on all of your hard work, Mel!

Hope you find time for hangin' out here with your car buds this Summer, too!!!;)

18. Mel

Mel

George- Ok, ok, if I must, I'll figure out the parking ramp... but I can't handle anymore beer bonging of kittens! ;)

Tyler- It's like I've been telling ya'll, I don't want to get stopped at the airport....

Mark- I'm gonna be in East LA, just a hop, skip and jump from the fashion district.

Atch- Well, that's a good question. I should be done with the internship in plenty of time to make it... but depending on what happens with getting a real job, I'll have to see. Regardless of job location, with the dodge staying at my parents house until I find a place to work on and store it, the timing would be about right for driving it out... and heck, Mokan's practically on the way....

19. Anderson

Anderson

you're getting a job in Texas :D

20. Levis Classic

Levis Classic

Congrats! Mel that line of clothes are "naughty" - nice work!

21. Stevie D

Stevie D

Oh Mel you know i love you.Sweet looking line of fashion.Good job

22. Bugman

Bugman

Our little HAMBer is all growen up. *sniff*