Register now to get rid of these ads!

I'm back in the swing of things.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by T.R.C., Aug 26, 2010.

1. T.R.C.

T.R.C.

Hey everybody,

I haven't been on here in quite a long time and now i'm back and hope to be for quite sometime. I had to deal with my father having a very serious heart surgurey and blood infection that has left him disabled and also a very special and influential member of my family has recently passed. They are both how I got in to this lifestyle so young.My father is still with us thankfully and my uncle that passed has left many memories behind. He left me his most prized possesion to me. I am very thankful bad sad at the same time. I grew up around this car and it was the first old car i had ever driven when I was 15 years old. It was restore in 1983/84 and hasnt been driven to much since. He did do a motor swap about 2 years ago for a SBF and removed the 312 y block and tri-power. I want to make him proud and keep the car respectable, but im afraid to make any big changes that suit my style that may take away from the car. So for now I removed the skirts and wire baskets from the wheels. The car hasn't been on the road in over 13 years, so I finished the wiring and brakes and started driving it last week. It feels great to get it out again. I am looking for opinions and I ideas.
    Thanks guys and sorry for the novel. Hope to be out and abound and meet you guys face to face. Here are some pics.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. mikeco

mikeco
    from virginia

Looks good to me as is! Just drive it!!

3. belair

belair

4. waldo53

waldo53
    from ID

Welcome back!! Sounds like you've got your priorities right, family should always come first. Beautiful car, it's neat to have something like that with a family history. I would think you could change it a little here and there, nothing major, just enough to make it "yours" while at the same time honoring the memory of your uncle and the car he loved.

5. T.R.C.

T.R.C.

Thanks guys. I am however putting the 312 back in.

6. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

Sounds like your on the right track. I'm sure your uncle is smiling.

7. HotRod33

HotRod33

The car looks great.... make sure that you get your Dad out in the car and get some pictures of you two together in it..........

8. Like the others have said, take it slow on the mods, its already a mild custom with classic lines. Spend all the time you can with your dad, if he is at all able maybe its time to start a Saturday morning breakfast tradition and I bet if your quiet you can hear your uncle laughing.

Cars are just "things" but the memories you continue to create with them are what makes them really shine.

9. T.R.C.

T.R.C.

Thanks for the kind words guys. Its uplifting really.

10. Abone29

Abone29

Man that thing is sweet as is.I wouldn't change a thing.

11. Sweet '56 Crown you've got there, Ozelle the '55 Ford and Henrietta the '38 Ford pickup were both impressed when I showed them the pics, both send friendly horn honks. There's a '52-'56 Ford social group here on HAMB that you might want to check out.

12. T.R.C.

T.R.C.

I will do that. Thanks 38

13. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

That is the best news I could have heard. The 312 and tri power belong in there.

I would suggest an upgrade in transmissions to something like a C4 though. Flat-O -Products makes a real nice adapter kit.

Attached Files:

14. 40FORDPU

40FORDPU
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Yelm, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

Your uncle obviously cared enough about you, to leave you his car..he therefore would understand your desire to "do it your way". When my day comes, I know good and well my car/s will be cherished, no matter what someone else does with it/them. We are cartakers (mis-spelling intended) for a limited time, then it's someone elses time, "to do it their way".

15. T.R.C.

T.R.C.

I missed a few posts on here. The c4 conversion would be great. Thanks for the tip. I'm getting ready to put her on the road again. Going to stripe it a cruise it. Thanks again everyone