Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects I'M BACK! 66 T-BIRD Project: El Menso

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by LANCE-SPEED, Apr 8, 2017.

1. LANCE-SPEED

LANCE-SPEED

Hi, I took a break from hot rods to play with motorcycles and now I'm back on 4 wheels. This 1966 T-Bird was owned by a friends parents, I've known this car most of my life and now its mine! It was restored in 2003 then his son blew the motor in 2012, took it apart and parked ever since. I've been joking with my friend for the last 20 yrs about buying it then out of the blue he calls me and asks if I still want it? WELL HELL YES I DO! My plans are a Bellflower / mild custom. The first thing is to get it road worthy and then the fun begins.
    the body and chrome is in near excellent condition
    [​IMG]
    The leather interior has 1 small 1" tear in the driver seat
    [​IMG]
    It came with a 428FE but I'm replaceing it with a 390FE (its not a race car)
    [​IMG]
    The Rocket Scientist at Ford over engineered the braking system on this model, it came with a 14" rotor and a 4 piston caliper witch makes fitting any aftermarket wheels a challenge.
    While waiting on the engine I did the brakes and I was able to fit these chrome smoothies for now
    [​IMG]
    More progress to come as it happens

jnaki likes this.
  2. rod1

rod1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Looking good Lancespeed,working on Mom's old daily driver 64.What you want for the 428?