Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods I'm Almost Back... And A Shop Update...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Sep 28, 2016.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Ryan submitted a new blog post:

I'm Almost Back... And A Shop Update...

[​IMG]

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

2. Thanks for the update, Boss. I'm lovin' that '40 Coupe but, everything there looks righteous. Keep the healing process on target. Don't get all cocky and think you're back to 100% before you actually are.:D.......................Don.

hrm2k likes this.
  3. belair

belair

Did you get the good drugs? Glad you are on the mend. If you will take advice from an older guy, it is quicker to heal up the first time than to screw up the doctor's work and have to do it again. Take an extra day. You're not as young as I once was. Great color on that 40.

4. Thanks for the vid.Hell I'd come up and sweep and be a shop mouse just to see all the fine work going on.

lothiandon1940 likes this.

5. 504640

Thanks for the update Ryan. I am in love with the 40! What is the lift it is setting on? Do you have a name and perhaps a link, please?

6. Hamtown Al

Hamtown Al
    Member Emeritus
    1. Virginia HAMB(ers)

Glad to hear that you are continuing to mend but as soon as you get well I want to give you the devil for not finding a good 40-41 pickup candidate while you were just "laying around!":D

I wish you a speedy and complete recovery but please do NOT rush it.

In honor of our pal 3WLarry, I am "patiently waiting."

All the best.

Al

7. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Well, count me in for digging the video update. Just cool to hear your voice Boss, getting it straight from the source.
    Hang in there!

8. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

sounds like you are at the dangerous part of healing, feeling good enough to go and do stuff and still feeling like you know better and best just settle down for a while - thanks for shots in shop - don't do too much impulse buying on the gadgets site

9. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Glad to see you're moving and feeling good enough to be tempted to start working again.
    Listen to the boss. Don't push it. Great tour thx.

10. Looks like the '40 is sitting on 2 motorcycle lifts buried flush in the floor. Very tricky. Works really well for mortorcycle mechanics too. The '40 is really cool but the '32 with hemi really does it for me. Respect your doctors work and get well slowly.

11. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

The lift is a Bendpak prototype that we are evaluating... I like the convenience, but it needs work.

But thanks for your patience guys. I should be back at it soon. I literally have the best brain and spine surgeon in the entire god damned world taking care of me - @skullcracker

He previously did my total disc replacement about seven years ago and last week did another TDR as well as fixed my broken neck... Pretty serious surgery. Like REALLY serious. And I've come out of it running hard and ready to go simply because my doctor just has a ridiculous amount of talent.

Tim and BLAKE like this.
  12. I just came from my pain management appointment... this month is National Pain Awareness Month! Good to know I'm still aware of my pain.

stillrunners likes this.
  13. I'm glad your feeling froggy again that fast,It's a testament to a talented surgeon

BTW,who owns the chopped deuce sedan? HRP

14. slowmotion

slowmotion

Glad you're on the mend, don't rush it man.
    And the freakin' 40 is sweet....

On that lift, a buddy has something similar, probably from the 50s-60s. Drive over scissors deal that sits on the concrete floor. Raises probably 3' max, electric/hydraulic power. Something like the ones used in present day tire shops, only older & cruder. Works like a charm & the price was right.

15. catdad49

catdad49

Sounding pretty mellow Ryan, don't let Dr. Feelgood get you in trouble. What's up with Keith, I actually saw him almost at a standstill (no blurred image)? Glad to see that your doing so well!!

16. HOTFR8

HOTFR8

Great video Ryan and great to see your back in action if not fully back in action. I hope you post a link to that for those on the GJ forum as they will love it for the Garage.

17. BLAKE

BLAKE

Good stuff, Boss... now go take it easy!

18. hrm2k

hrm2k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

So by the sign " Ryan's service, tune ups and repair " you are getting serious about the shop

Glad you are up and about............don't push it

19. Glad you are getting better. Gear Journal has a nice update!

20. 1-SHOT

1-SHOT
    from Denton

Love the 40 especially the color what is it? Thanks Frank

21. Good to see that you're feeling better. But Don't rush it. :)

22. flamingokid

flamingokid

The Gear Journal will be a new favorite stop :)

23. SLAMIT

SLAMIT

I don't want to take away from this thread so maybe You can point me in the right direction for a better place to talk about that lift. I have mentioned it before though I am working on the planning for building a new garage and a similar lift is in the plan. Also Cool update. that 40 Rules

24. bostonhemi

bostonhemi
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I also like the color.

25. wicarnut

wicarnut

KOOL Stuff ! Slow and Easy wins the mend game.

26. haychrishay

haychrishay

27. 1-SHOT

1-SHOT
    from Denton

Bend Pac makes a floor lift. Sorry for the mess trying to

Attached Files:

28. good to hear - please do what the lady and the doc's sez.....

29. autobilly

autobilly

Dig the sunrise behind HQ.

30. graveyardsledder

graveyardsledder

The video was great, and you gotta take it easy with any type of back surgery. The ole lady has had multiple and it's better to take it easy than try and push yourself. Rest, relax, and focus on getting back to 100%. That 40 is gorgeous by the way.