Register now to get rid of these ads!

Im a real douche...and I need to get this off my chest...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Velomech, Mar 23, 2009.

1. Velomech

Velomech
    BANNED
    from nunya

I feel like I have betrayed every other rodder on the planet. I feel like I am teetering on the edge of exile from my fellow gearheads.

Last night I woke up around 1 am. I hit the sac around 10. Work has been killer, and I was beat.

I had a dream, or some kind of fuzzy thought that my car was angry with me.

I parked her a couple of months ago, when things got tight. I stopped working on her and yanked the insurance til the cash started coming in. Thats not all, I was ony starting her once a week, that is until I let her sit for 3 weeks without any attention or a even a start up.

So, I sat up in bed, and thought If I dont start her right now, Im gonna die. Unfortunately, it was 1 am, and my neighbors would kill me. My wife would too if I woke the kids up.

So, I walked out into the living room in my underwear, my wife looked up from her emails long enough to tilt her head ask me..

"Um, whats wrong?"

"I miss my car"

"What?"

"Im going to go sit in my car for a while"

"Honey, it's 1am"

"I dont care"

"Your in your underwear"

"she wont care"

I grabbed the keys out of the bowl and opened the door.
    I really wanted to start her and hear her labored gurgly exhaust...but.

I settled for running my hand over her steel dashboard, and I turned her dash lights on. The glow was beautiful. The smell was heaven.

I sat there for a while. I have a long interupted history with my car. I feel like I have let her down. Like disappointing one of my kids.

I owe her an apology, and I just wanted to vent/confess to some people that would understand what Im talking about.

I started her today, warmed her up, ran her illegally up the street to the turnaround. Backed her into the driveway with a little pride this time.

Thanks for lending an ear.

Cheers and beers
    Hodge

2. Roothawg

Roothawg

Prozac is good.

I know what ya mean.........

3. well there there-you have not junked her or sold her off yet -hey it happens man-showe her love when ya can

4. Man, I'm proud of you! You may have started down a dark and lonely path but you have redeemed yourself.

Good Job! ...and great story!

BloodyKnuckles

5. Rich1028

Rich1028

i sit in mine all the time...and make them funny sounds like its running.

6. Velomech

Velomech
    BANNED
    from nunya

Rest assured B, there wont be any junking, or selling, it took me 21 years to get her back.

They can bury me in it.

Cheers and beers
    Hodge

7. I don't have seats in my '56 yet. I'm looking forward to making engine noises in it while I get the 440 ready to stab in her!

8. Dirtynails

Dirtynails
    from garage

my wife used to stay up till the early hours on 'emails' too. Ex wife I meant.
    Non sleeping is caused by stress, and that can have it's roots in things you don't even realize are there. Take time to get Sun and fresh air and walk around the town a lot. You never know,an oppurtunity may present itself. :)

9. oilslinger53

oilslinger53
    from covina CA

mines broken right now. when it's to late to work on it or I dont have money I do the same thing. I sit in it and make bum-bum-bum-bum-bum- sounds (sounds boaty when its running). Don't feel to bad.

10. Not getting shop time causes me stress.

11. Doug B

Doug B

Yeah,you're a douche...but that was a good story.Next time maybe put some pants on...

12. RocketSled

RocketSled

Took me 7 years to get the motor and tranny done. Bought the Vette in 96. It's had 4000 miles in the last 5 years. It's front end is entirely disassembled...the last subsystem that still had 130,000 miles on it. It's waiting on $400 worth of balljoints and tie-rod ends. I don't have $400 right now.

But I still have it, it's paid for, and it's not going anywhere.

Dude, it'll keep.

13. NiteOwlChris

NiteOwlChris

I am sorry, that was the gayest thing I have read on here lately....wow my wife would have divorced me for that.

14. banditomerc

banditomerc

How about a picture of the old girl!! show your PRIDE!

15. Rich Rogers

Rich Rogers

A couple times during this past stupidly cold and snowy winter I'd open the overhead garage door and just look at the 55 and maybe twice just sat in the drivers seat for a minute til I was freezin and talk to her a little just so she knew I hadn't forgotten her. Shit, I think I may need some serious help from a shrink or somethin

16. Koz

Koz

I wish mine was far enough along that I could sit in there making noises.

17. junk yard kid

junk yard kid

huh, i thought i was the only one, sometimes i sit in mine and drink a bunch of beer while smoking.

18. Cars are like women.

You need to touch them once in a while.

Other times, you need to do more . . . buy her a little gift now and then.

The car and the women....

19. Caretaker of the 41

Caretaker of the 41

I go to the garage and put a small tv out on the hood, get the wife to make some popcorn, and watch a movie! Its the best therapy to sit in my favorite car with my best girl, at our own private drive inn.

20. Velomech

Velomech
    BANNED
    from nunya

ok, Ill try and load one...no promises...

one with one of kids in the back...

cheers and beers
    hodge

Attached Files:

• 58.jpg
      58.jpg
      File size:
      140.7 KB
      Views:
  21. I know the feeling, I love to drive my cars, had two broken with no time to fix them....funny how it's OK to drive them once a month or so when they run, but you feel the strong need to drive em when they aren't running.

22. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Cars have soul and feelings. They also don't talk back or interupt when someone is talking and they also........oh what the hell!!!! "Honey your outa here".

23. kustumizer

kustumizer
    from Alton,NH

I do the same thing. I still have about 3 to 4 weeks to finish mine up for this year. I just turned the key on, put in my favorite cd, turned the volume right up and just sat in the truck for a couple songs.. Nate

24. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

I know the feeling..Guilty as charged.

Been neglecting to iron out the carb issue on my 53
    and I havent been working on the 28 for 2-1/2 weeks

work stress, and weather (or should i say sick of the weather) has got me in a holding pattern..just cant seem to get motivated to do anything, but maybe sit and have visions of what could be

Last edited: Mar 23, 2009
  25. Slickster51_50

Slickster51_50

I wish mine was even a roller! I ste the rearend up on jackstands and make her looklike shes complete and set in her on the seat and stare out the windshield thinking about they day i will fire her up and pull her outta the garage and terrorize the neighborhood!!I sometimes miss my car also i had the urge earlier to go out and just set in the garage and look at her and talk to her.Sometimes i think that care is my sole mate and we were meant to be together.I think it was the fate that i found it and i am in love!!!

26. I think we are all fucked up, I have done the same shit!

The wife thinks its R-tarded.

27. Finktim

Finktim

There's nothing wrong with you. Hell, I did that for months when I was piecing my car together. I sat on the frame when it didn't even have a body on it! I would sit and imagine what it was going to be like to finally have the car I had wanted since I was a kid, how damned kool it was going to be to drive. When it finally hit the road, it was better than I ever imagined. I still can't walk thru the garage without patting one of those huge tires! :D

28. Greasy64

Greasy64

Nope! We're all right! You never see a Hotrod (or a Harley for that matter) parked in front of a psiciatrist's office do you?

.... Maybe parked out back 'cause yer doin' the receptionist:D

29. I've done it too. Hey, had to see if the GP seats were going to be comfortable in the '50 Fleetline. Had to see if I'd even be comfortable in the '31 AA cab when I had a bug up my butt to build that, for that matter.

If the wife complains tell her to be happy you're out there in the driveway in your car and not at a bar with other broads flirting trying to get in your pants.

30. slepe67

slepe67

at least you can sit in yours...mine doesn't even have SEATS..let alone a FLOOR or engine, or trans, or....