Register now to get rid of these ads!

I'm a new guy and thought I'd say hello.

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Derek, Mar 8, 2005.

1. Derek

Derek

Well, Like the title says, uh, hello. Sorry, I've been cruisin' this site for awhile now and figured I'd better say hello to ya'll before I went anywhere else. I check out a couple of other forums, but none quite like this. The tech is great and the gospel is even better. I'm here because I like to build my own rides, regardless of what it might be. I believe that a true hot rod is made the old fashioned way, you build it. I have been a little shy about posting so far because this is really a pretty good sized site and I haven't been sure of where to go, so I've just been perusin' and checkin' out the whole thing to kinda get a feel for it. I'm in the process now of building a '64 Skylark for my father. He's more of a muscle car kinda guy, but that's ok with me, nobodies perfect. I am hoping after that to find myself some kind of late '20's early '30's coupe or roadster to build. I have a line on a 331 hemi that I would like to put into something and will need all the help I can get puttin' 'er together. This seems like a good place to help.

Hope I didn't wear out my welcome from the long post, but look forward to shootin' the breeze with you all to get 'er done.

Derek

2. TRAVEZ

TRAVEZ

Welcome in from another guy in the 505!

_T

3. joeycarpunk

joeycarpunk
    from MN,USA

Welcome to the hamb.

4. Derek

Derek

Thanks for the welcome, I appreciate it. Nice to see someone else from the 505, I didn't think I would ever find one. What part of the state you in Travez?

5. TRAVEZ

TRAVEZ

hey derek, i'm in las cruces which is about 3hrs away from 'Burque. i used to live in albuquerque and i move down here about a year and a half ago. there is some 'burque guys on the HAMB. Radshit, Horrorshow1313, and a couple of new guys. if your of age you can go to the atomic cantina and meet some of the rumblers. they're a great bunch of guys!!! you can learn a lot from the car guys in alb. any questions give me a holler!

_T

6. flatshoebox

flatshoebox