Register now to get rid of these ads!

I'm a Bookseller Developing Specialties in Car Books and Original Photography

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by mhartzold, Oct 13, 2020.

1. mhartzold

mhartzold

Greetings all! I've often dug into these excellent forums in researching material over the years and am consistently amazed at the tremendous historical value and level of quality in the archived posts here.

My name is Martin. I'm an antiquarian bookseller and dealer in original photography and archival material based in St. Louis. After having acquired a couple of substantial collections of automotive and racing books during the past year, I've noticed something of a void in the high-end car book market. It seems most collections end up in the hands of general internet sellers who lack much of an understanding of or reverence for the subject matter and I am narrowing the focus of my business to specialize in automotive material, in order to provide some stability to the market and hopefully acquire some excellent collections, encounters, and stories along the way (and hopefully eke out a living). I look forward to contributing and continuing to read all y'alls excellent stories and posts and to exhibiting at some of the more well-attended shows in the coming years (whenever that's an OK thing to do again).

Thanks for having me and please feel free to reach out with offers of or connections to interesting material and/or collections of books.