Register now to get rid of these ads!

Illinois HAMBERs

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Doc., Aug 27, 2008.

1. Doc.

Doc.
    Member Emeritus

Hey guys,

Anyone live near Volo Il. I need a car that I'm interested in looked at. I'd be happy to pay you for your time. Please send a PM if you can help.

Thanks,Doc.

2. DoubleUc

DoubleUc
    from IL

BTT
    Thats up around north Chicago right?
    I wish I could help ya but I'm much further south closer to St. Louis.
    I know your the dude that helps anyone on here, and I really like helping people like yourself but I'm not going up there anytime soon, sry!
    If nothing else maybe one of the Skull Fez guys can help ya, they seem pretty cool.
    Wc

3. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Isn't Zenor around there?

4. Django

Django
    from Chicago

Zenor is closest. Kevin and I will be up in Lake Zurich on Saturday. Pm me some details and I'll see what we can do.

5. i live about 20 min form there
    my wife is going in for a c-section on friday and i have an "after work team building meeting" tomorrow or i would do it
    what kind of car is it, my dad is a well known model a restorer so he has a pretty keen eye. he is also a retired guy so .. let me know if you want his info
    tom

6. FoMoCoPower

FoMoCoPower

hahaha........ Volo Auto Museum by chance?

7. Appleseed

Appleseed

Wrong, my friend. I win this one. 3 miles. I PM'd Doc. I'll let Doc drop the the info on the car, but its way cool.

But if Zenor wanted to collaborate on this one, have him PM me. If you and Tully wanted to meet up for this one, I'm game. Remember, Dog 'n' Suds is only a few mile away.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2008
  8. hrm2k

hrm2k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

When I lived in Chicago, it was called the Volo car barn....70's:rolleyes:

9. I live west of Springfield....so I can't help You up in the Chi-Town area. Last time near there was Route 66 NHRA event earlier this year.

Any other ILL Hambers.....would be great to make a friend from hear. This year
    I made it to the 10 th Annual Fred Gibb Reunion ...see www.fredgibb.com
    to learn about the Father of the ZL1 69 Camaro legacy. Amazingly from a
    little farm town dealership with 1,400 population. Even the city police cars
    have the Fred Gibb Reunion painted on their sides permanently.
    When I was a teenager....We used race Our Super Stocker against them which was owned and driven by Our Roman Catholic Parrish Priest....a 440 Wedge
    GTX.

I have been to many car guys websites.....this one hear is the MOTHERLOAD !

Drop a line when You can.....too many hours at the practice needs some
    balancing.....

10. Doc.

Doc.
    Member Emeritus

Thanks everyone. Appleseed has agreed to go look at the car for me. If anyone else wants to go with him all the better. I think you would enjoy seeing the car even if I don't buy it. I'll keep ya posted if I pick it up.

Doc.

11. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

pssst...... 5 year plan

12. Me want see secret car!

Drop me a PM if I can be of assistance...

13. I'm very, very near Volo and I'm off the next two days. What gives?

J:Del

14. Stick Shift

Stick Shift
    from LENA IL

My brother is near there too. I am off all week. Maybe this could turn into a HAMB meet and greet and I could stop by my brothers. lol

15. thepoz57

thepoz57

I'd be down for it and I could get one of you guys in for free with my membership;)

16. monsterflake

monsterflake

it's starting to sound like a hamb party! just don't forget to look at the car while you're there... ;)

17. In case you guys don't know, There's a Skips reunion car show and swap meet Sunday at The Lake Co. fairgrounds at rt45 and rt120. 8am-3pm. Most vendors and cars start packing it up about 1pm, though, the s+++heads. I'll be there selling 'til 3. Just to the south of the main entrance. Look for big straw hat and white beard. Norb
    http://www.skipsusa.com/

Attached Files:

18. Doc.

Doc.
    Member Emeritus

HAHA, I know...I know. How am I going to maintain my reputation as a man child who refuses to grow up if you keep reminding me of the responsible thing to do. LOL

19. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Someone's gotta keep you on the straight and narrow and outta povertys way. :D

20. AtomicDrew

AtomicDrew
    from Zompton Il

The car in question wouldn't be a twin engine dragster by chance would it?
    They have some pretty interesting cars come up once in awhile if you can get by seeing all of the movie cars they have been collecting the past few years.-Drew

21. Appleseed

Appleseed

Anyone interested in meeting up this weekend? I'm thinking Saturday or Sunday. As I told Doc, I'm no expert, so a few more eyes would be a good thing. Like I told Django, Dog "n" Suds is only 3 or 4 miles up the road. PM me guys and we'll see if we can get the ball rollin'.