Register now to get rid of these ads!

IL/WI HAMB -- The Geneva Convention

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Mike Zenor, Jun 25, 2010.

1. I passed though Lake Geneva Wisconsin last week and it occured to me that it would be the perfect spot for a HAMB get-together: old timey resort town with lots of bars, restaurants and vintage stuff (not to mention the former Playboy Club resort). Plus it's centrally located, a nice 60-70 mile drive through some nice countryside from Chicago, Milwaukee, Madison or Rockford.

So here's what I'd like to propose: The Geneva Convention (or, if you like, Smoke on the Water). Not so much a car show as a one day, drive-oriented car convergence. No entry fees, no gates, no judges; just show up with your hot rod or custom in downtown Lake Geneva with the expectation that there will be other HAMBers about. Arrive when you please, leave when you please.

As far as dates, I was thinking the Sunday following Labor Day (Sept 12) would be decent. Somewhere in between Cheaterama and the Pileup, and Lake Geneva's summer tourist season will be winding down.

Any thoughts?

2. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

sounds like fun. Just don't tell Wingnutz

3. Hellfish

Hellfish

We stayed there the weekend of the Heads-Up. Nice little burg.

I like the idea. No advertisement for the gathering outside of the HAMB.

It might even be better if it was a big picnic/BBQ so everyone isn't all split up between several restaurants. Just a thought.

That's the same weekend as the VSCDA races in Elkhart Lake, so it will be halfway home for me!

4. noclubjoe

noclubjoe

i like this idea...

5. That is just 28 miles down the road from me and would be a great shakedown run for my 1950 Ford before the run to Decatur in October!

6. Sounds interesting!:cool:

7. Hot Rod Pat

Hot Rod Pat

This sounds like a fantastic idea, I'm game...

8. ditto on this.
    Anyone that knows the area well, know of any parks or places a bunch of hoodlems can't get in trouble? Fire up a grill at a certin time and let the good times roll

9. Squablow

Squablow

Could be fun. Would I get turned away for driving a post-64 type car? Don't know how far I trust some of my junk.

10. Gerg

Gerg

yah i would try to make it i was down that direction today

11. nowaxn5

nowaxn5

Lake Geneva is a great area. A bit far from me for a cruise but a very good idea indeed. Very nostalgic.

12. Great Idea Senor Zenor!