Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest if your younger than 20 read this.....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lost rodder, Aug 7, 2009.

1. frankthetank62

frankthetank62

2. bikeguydave

bikeguydave
    from Kentucky

I really feel old, both of my daughters are older than 20, you younger guys and gals rock, keep it up! and good luck with all your projects

3. Pinstriper40

Pinstriper40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I got the '40 running when I was 20, then started on the A coupe and I just acquired a '49 ford tudor. Now I'm 22 and have 3 of the top 5 cars I've wanted since I was 14. I think I'll stop getting cars and just finish them now...

Attached Files:

4. 54fordgasser

54fordgasser
    from Kansas

19 and a McPherson Auto Rest. student. Here is my 66 Galaxie daily driver. My personal project is my 54 f100 gasser. Cool thread, like seeing other young guys out there workin on the old iron.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. 93NotchLX

93NotchLX
    from Minnesota

I'm just under 20, and I'm in school for mechanical engineering. My car might not be totally hamb friendly, but the idea and concept behind it is true to it's roots. It's a 1993 Mustang that I bought in high school for $900 when it had the 2.3 four cylinder and an automatic. I swapped it to a 5.0 out of a Mustang, and put junkyard Ford Explorer heads on it, a cam, and a performer intake on it, along with a 650 double pumper that I rebuilt. I also swapped in a garage built T5 five speed and a 8.8 that I rebuilt with 4:10's and re ordered trac lock clutches. I also did a quicky paint job to the car in my driveway. I've had it to the track once and my best time was 13.1 @ 105.6 MPH, but I prefer racing on the street and beating guys with cars that are a lot more expensive than mine.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. 3spd

3spd

I'm 17 and here is my 1956 Buick Century Wagon:

[​IMG]

I'm buying all the tools and parts myself as I go along and basically teaching myself with the help of the internet.

This is what I hope it will look like in the future:

[​IMG]

Please forgive the poor excuse for trim, I just kinda threw in on last minute without shading it or anything so yes, it is just white lines. But it gives you an idea.

Ryland

7. flyin flattie

flyin flattie
    from Redmond OR

hey these are mine
    [​IMG]<a href="http://s84.photobucket.com/albums/k36/timelwess/?action=view&current=003_3-1.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

i have a 51 chevy too but i dont have any resent pictures of it
    im 18 now but i started the truck when i was 13 and have been working on it off and on since then

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  8. Hotrod95

Hotrod95

Thats wicked man!

9. H3O

H3O

19 down here in Kansas.

My Daily Driver, 1962 Falcon Futura.
    Took it from this....
    [​IMG]

to this...[​IMG]

proud to say it's my first paint job. not much of a hot rod but has been a fun car for me. had it since june and have put 7600mi on her.:D

love all the rides guys!! Keep the tradition goin!!

10. Hotrod95

Hotrod95

Anouther Kansas person! kool

11. lost rodder

lost rodder

Man i need to pay more attention to this thread...i thought we ran out of young guys and gals. anymore out there???

12. Hotrod95

Hotrod95

I know, and now there is anouther

13. duckman rob

duckman rob
    from NW Indiana

Im 14, my dad and i are building my first truck. We are trying to get it finished before i get my permit.

Attached Files:

14. Hotrod95

Hotrod95

Kool man!! good luck

15. 54fordgasser

54fordgasser
    from Kansas

Hey H30 you ever make it up here to MAC?

16. H3O

H3O

what's MAC?

17. brucer

brucer
    from western ky

wow when i was 16 i couldnt afford most of the rides i'm seeing.. where you kids working to buy all the tools and materials and getting the sheetmetal?

my first car was pulled out of a junkyard, but it was a 73 olds omega.. and the junkyard owner threw in a 350engine and tranny, but i had to trade a 3-wheeler for it.. and had to work at a restuaraunt to afford to do anything to it.

18. H3O

H3O

my Falcon was $1800. i have $1700 in her. my next plans are either flame throwers, a camshaft, or finding some four spoke cragars for her.

19. 93NotchLX

93NotchLX
    from Minnesota

When I originally threw my Mustang together when I was 16, I worked my ass off as an RV technician while parting cars out on the side. I can say now that it was well worth it and I don't think I can ever get rid of it.

20. 54fordgasser

54fordgasser
    from Kansas

McPherson, KS man. There is an Auto REst. program at the college here and there are a couple cool rides runnin around. Were you down at the starliners show at the airport in Witchita

21. I'm 15 and currently i dont really have a project of my own. When i was about 11 me and my dad, with a few friends help, did our 54 merc(avatar). otherwise, im just trying to round up some money and buy a car.

22. Rockabillykat94

Rockabillykat94
    from Yuma,AZ

Im 15 and still dont have a ride.
    im gettin one next year and hopin its a 1935 ford 5-window with a 383stroker SB or 454 BB.
    or any other ride that would be perfect for a rod or kustom.

By the way, im suprised there still young hotrodders out there
    i thought hod roddin was a lost hobby for the young guns

23. Strange Agent

Strange Agent
    from Ponder, TX

17 here. Starting to seriously plan out stuff on the '57 Buick. I posted a pic of it earlier in the thread.

I'm shooting for it to like my avatar. Fingers crossed.

24. 51farmtruck

51farmtruck

17 here. My dad and I finished my truck when I was 16. Now I am starting on a deuce sedan that I hope will be going for next summer.

Attached Files:

25. H3O

H3O

no, haven't been there. wasn't able to make it to the starliners show. i wish i was over at the college. i'd be learnin a lot more there.

26. H3O

H3O

thanks smarg.

27. Bubbas Garage

Bubbas Garage
    BANNED

Attached Files:

28. .C.D.O.

.C.D.O.
    from APT

19 tryin' to learn by myself, finally bought a welder so now its on!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

29. Hey guys,
    Im 17 from Australia, been savin for an old car since I was about 6 just washing cars for my parents n working at the local tyre shop.

It isnt a hot rod, but I bought last year, auzzie version of a 57 chevy. Its a 1961 EK Holden, so far I have just put a bigger motor in it, after exams n shit are over I plan on doing a bit more. Probably just teach myself how to repair rust, shave the door handles, paint it a metallic green and get her riding a little lower on some nice chromies with whitewalls.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This is the project I have waiting for me after the EK is finished, grandad's old chevy truck! It is still up at his farm...
    [​IMG]

Il probably do something similar to the one that Cole Foster built. Cab is in good condition but the rest is pretty much #*@(ed

30. Boulderdash

Boulderdash

Cool! What paint is that?