Register now to get rid of these ads!

If your getting older watchout in garage!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by DD, Sep 15, 2006.

1. DD

DD
    from illinois

Well let me tell ya what happened. Tuesday night, I tripped and fell out in the shop. My face made contact with a engine stand, which broke my jaw,knocked out two teeth and put four stiches in my lip. So if you gettinga little older watch your step in shop. By the way my birthday was wednesday.Thats why I say the part about getting older.

2. kornbinder

kornbinder
    from Sonora, CA

Happy birthday, today is mine and I know what you mean.:D I've got to lower my cripper, can't seem to fit under the car any more.:eek:

3. raven

raven

OUCH!
    Man my garage is so crowded, I trip over something at least five times when I'm working out there.
    I didn't think I was old.
    Yeah, that must be it...
    r

4. DD

DD
    from illinois

Probably not my age,could be I am too fat, and don't move like I use to. Hell got a reason now to clean up garage.

5. 48ford

48ford

I know how it is!
    I had to call up to the house on my cell phone once when I got hurt in the shop.now I always keep it in my pocket.
    I 'm like you guys,I could not get under my 1/2 ton truck so I just got a 3/4 ton(it works)
    Russ

6. buschandbusch

buschandbusch
    from Reno, NV

crap, I'm always tripping over things and almost falling face first, and I'm only 26.

My dad, who's getting up there in age now, had a water heater fall on him and broke his hip- it was full of 45 gallons and pinned him to the ground and he yelled for help til the mailman found him- his phone was inside on the charger!

Watch out in there, it's dangerous!

7. Belchfire8

Belchfire8

So...just how old is older? I might already past older....:rolleyes:

8. Mutt

Mutt

That's the advantage of being old and fat - your belly breaks the fall before anything else can break.:eek: :D

Mutt

9. "All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth"

10. 5window

5window

First,of all, sorry you got hurt-hope you are okay soon. Older is mostly a state of mind,except that I am more and more horizontally challeged (fat) and I keep bumping my head on the bald side.

11. Preacher

Preacher
    Member Emeritus

12. RodLand

RodLand

If ya got enough STUFF in the shop, like me, you can't fall if ya pass out.:D But I find as I get older, my feet, and my bald spot seek out things to trip on and bump into.

13. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

"So...just how old is older? I might already past older"

Not a problem here...I just looked around carefully, and I'm the youngest thing in the garage, so I guess I'll be fine!

14. Aman

Aman
    from Texas

Sorry to hear that. I'll bet your wife gives you sh*& about having your jaw wired shut, now you can really focus on a diet plan while sucking dinner thru that straw. My main injury is reoccurring in that I can't seem to remember that the A has a roof so when I'm bending down working on the inside, I keep standing up and BAM....I hit it with my head. I can't count the number of times I've done that. Oh well, enjoy the pain meds and hope you get to feeling better soon. :)

15. DD

DD
    from illinois

speaking of bumping head, i never noticed how much i hit my head till i lost my hair. i always have a big cut on my head.

16. LUX BLUE

LUX BLUE
    Alliance Vendor
    from AUSTIN,TX

ha! I started losing my hair at 20ish (I am almost done losing it at 30:D )

I wear a hat to avoid abrasion and sunburn. I kinda like being bald though. it's just natures way of getting rid of those pesky barbers bills. And I can sometimes use the reflection off my dome to light underhood areas.

17. 5window

5window

As you get older,you really don't lose your hair.It just pulls inward from your head and sprouts out other places like your nostrils and your ears.

18. BigBlockMopar

BigBlockMopar

With all the stuff I drag into my garage each week/month I hope I can still ENTER my garage when I'm getting old... er that is... :D

It's true about the cellphone thing though, even at 37, I'm pretty much always alone at work in my garage climbing on and under heavy shit and stuff, so I've already learned myself to always keep that phone in my pocket.

19. 4tl8ford

4tl8ford
    from Erie, Pa

Older Than Dirt and Fartin' Dust.

I would rather fall out in the Garage with no one around then fall by the pisser in the middle of the night.

20. George

George

I wish I was rich enough to have a crapper & a pisser!:D :rolleyes:

21. Rrumbler

Rrumbler

This is true, but I can't get my mind and my body to agree on the terms.

All us old farts need to be more mindful of the limitations too many years of self abuse put on our bodies, but must try not to let those limitations ruin our enthusiasm. As for you younger farts, you ain't made out of cast iron; I had more real "mess-ups" when I was younger, than I do now (fingers crossed).;)

22. 39 Ford

39 Ford

I can identify with you, a week and a half ago I fell on my left knee at Masdaslam's shop. The knee was getting better until last nite when I slipped on my wet deck and went down on the same knee. I think i broke something this time.:(

Getting old is a bitch, but it's better than the alternative !

23. 4tl8ford

4tl8ford
    from Erie, Pa

It ain't bein" rich, when ya get old enough, in the middle of the night it's all about pissin'.