Register now to get rid of these ads!

Motion Pictures If you like 1954 Fords you'll like this video!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Apr 4, 2017.

1. I have a soft spot for '54 Fords and this video is almost thirty minutes long and full of vintage 1954 Ford commercials,there might be a 52 0r 53 here or there but it's still a cool collection of old footage. HRP

Al Consoli likes this.
  2. V8 Bob

V8 Bob
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I've never seen that video before-thanks for posting it. My folks bought a new '54 2-door Customline V8/auto, and I bought one 8 years later for my high school car! Hope to have a '54 in the future. :)
    Here's a couple of pics.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 4, 2017
  3. Thanks Bob,I'm the administrator over on the '54 Ford Club of America website if you ever get a chance to check it out. HRP

4. Bob,is the car in the photo yours or your dads?

I noticed the center bullet has been deleted. HRP

5. V8 Bob

V8 Bob
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Danny, that's my '54. It was nosed and decked, along with the center bullet and bumper guards removed, and about 2 year old paint. You can see the flipped spring shackles, and snow tires still on that I hadn't switched over yet. It had '56? Olds 88 tail light lenses but they were removed and sold to a friend because the car was to soon be sold before I left town for tech school in KY. :( My parents didn't want me fooling with a car while going to school, but within a year I found my '40 while in Louisville. :D

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  6. The first car I owned and could drive was a '54 Ford and I bought it from a elder gent that purchased it new,It has been babied all it's life and a teenager with a size twelve right foot blew that engine up in a few days.

That's when I learned about hot rods and paid the local junkyard 100 bucks to put a 390 in it.

That car would fly but the brake sucked,I swerved trying not to hit a old lady in a 48 Dodge when she pulling out in main street and took both lanes,I took evasive action that resulted in hitting a guide wire on a telephone pole and rolled my car 3 times,totaling the car.

I escaped serious injury,just a lot of bruises,I did get a nasty cut on my right hand going back in for my brand new Jimi Hendrex album.:rolleyes: HRP

7. V8 Bob

V8 Bob
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I bought my '54 in '62 from dad who purchased it a couple of years before as a second car to the family (mom's) '57, seen in the back ground of the 1st picture. I sold it to an ND student who soon after wrapped it around a tree a couple of blocks away. I found the car high on a pile in one of our local junk yards during a weekend break from school a few months later. :eek: Very sad ending to a car that held so many good memories, but most of us just can't keep all of the cars in our lives! :(...:)

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  8. manyolcars

manyolcars

Thanks.I have my grandpas bought new 54 Mainline

9. That's cool,we have the Ranch Wagon my wife's grandmother purchased new of the showroom floor. HRP

10. Gray Ford

Gray Ford
    from Illinois

I'm sold !! Where do I sign up??? ..:)

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  11. Sure would be nice if we could stop in our local Ford Dealer and order up a new '54...But we can dream. HRP

12. Our wagon was purchased from Blue Ridge Motors here in Anderson,S.C. HRP

10247333_397777783695726_3625277624155292515_n.jpg