Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest If you could spend the weekend with 1 HAMB member who would it be?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by brigrat, Feb 10, 2017.

1. Tony

Tony

Could never just name one..in fact I could drop a few names quickly but still have a bunch more.
    The imediate few that come to mind... falcongeorge, porknbeaner, hotrodprimer,
    There are many more.

Fact is, over the years on the HAMB Ive been fortunate to meet a lot of hambers and never met one I didn't get along with or like.

All good folks!

Tony

2. If only ONE and only one chance, would have to be squirrel. Any one who can do what he did with the Edsel would have to be an interesting guy. Besides which, I like where lives.

Ben

chryslerfan55 and lothiandon1940 like this.
  3. drtrcrV-8

drtrcrV-8

Josh Shaw(if it was in his shop!!!), same for Rich Fox, Jay Leno, Ned Ludd..... the list goes on & on.....

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  4. chaddilac

chaddilac

Now that I own a 32... I'd love to talk with 3WLarry for a while about it. I know it'd be giddy as a school girl and all over it hands on! He was such a great guy, and always made a point to bump into me at the swap meets. I still have a voicemail from him on my phone, I couldn't bring myself to delete it.

5. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

I am DEFINATELY down with Reverend Billy! That would be a weekend to remember!:pBut I didn't know he was a HAMBer?!:eek::p

6. RHRH3P

RHRH3P
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

T&A Flathead was best man in my wedding and I have spent many a weekend with him on car trips over the past 20+ years.

Honorable mention is Gordon (35Cab) and his neighbor Dave that I met in Edinburgh, Scotland last week. I had a great time with them. I encourage anyone going somewhere new to reach out and find a HAMB member where you're going.

chryslerfan55 and Poh like this.
  7. brigrat

brigrat
    from Wa.St.

Damn, I should of posted this thread on Valentines Day, getting a little "lovey" in here...........................................

8. I'm very fortunate, I have already spent quite a few weekends with some of the nicest guys on here. I hope to spend many more. Lothian Don and the Maryland bunch.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2017
  9. deathrowdave

deathrowdave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from NKy

10. Danny! I spend a week out of the country and I come back to this? :p

11. I meant the other Rev...
    The Rev.jpg

12. Back up the TUNA BOAT you arrived on from your week long trip Mark - I didn't start this thread,besides I have already met you! :D HRP

13. hey Danny, what's more annoying than a call, from someone on vacation, reminding you to plow their driveway?
    answer: a call from someone sitting on a beach with a cold cocktail reminding you to plow their driveway......................:D:cool:

14. That's low even for Mark! :D HRP

15. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

16. brigrat

brigrat
    from Wa.St.

No more pic's, Squirrel is already having an identity crises tying to figure out which one he wants to be..................................

loudbang, lothiandon1940 and squirrel like this.
  17. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

The one that I could help the most in that short of time.

Chavezk21 and wraymen like this.
  18. Well here's my list. Besides the guys on here I have already spent the weekend with. You know who you are.
    Dale - bored&stroked
    Pete -cam grinder in Washington
    Wyatt- Hubba Hubba hotrods
    Socal tex- to race
    Saltracer
    Oilers car club
    Jesse James guns cars and badass bikes
    And any other down to earth flathead lovers. There are so many.........

chryslerfan55, Elrod and falcongeorge like this.
  19. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Man! There's a list that I'd visit that would sound like a "Who's who" in Nobody's business.
    I couldn't make it, 'cuz I don't think I have that much time left.
    ...And I'm young! (for my years...):p

chryslerfan55 and Ron Funkhouser like this.
  20. I think beaner would be a riot to have a few too many beers with, I think falcon George and I would get along great, next time I make it to the west coast I may stalk....er.....look him up!!

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

21. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Pete did the cam for my olds.

22. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

If you are coming out, let me know.

23. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Tony, I got a buddy in Livonia, I think that's not far from you. He's been out here a couple times, Im supposed to go back there sometime. We've talked about going to the vintage races at Watkins Glenn.

24. You bet I will, I would love to get a first hand look into the scene out there

25. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

I don't know if "scene" is the word I would use to describe North Surrey!:eek::D Lots of action in Langley though...well, actually theres "action" here in Surrey too, but it involves scabby crack whores more than hot rods...:eek::rolleyes::p

26. Ok, I grew up in the salmon arm area, have spent quite a bit of time on the coast, I have, ahem....heard about surrey girls...yeah heard about them....that's it....I figured a guy like you must have his finger on the scene allover the west coast and island even!!

Hell I would settle for a ride in a quick
    O/T truck and a good bullshit over lunch!

27. Marty Strode

Marty Strode

I did a little vintage racing with Pete, on the dirt with our Track Roadsters, great fun !

28. olscrounger

olscrounger
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Lots of great folks on here but after I think about it I would like to go help someone building a 40 Ford for a few days-got nothin else to do

Last edited: Feb 13, 2017