Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest If you could spend the weekend with 1 HAMB member who would it be?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by brigrat, Feb 10, 2017.

1. One that easily stands out immediately is Jeff Norwell. Who wouldn't?!

2. 29AVEE8

29AVEE8

I don't know about a whole weekend, perhaps an afternoon standing in front of the workbench. But if it were possible I would pick C9, 3WLarry, and Bruce Lancaster.

3. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Any chance Valerie Bertinelli is a member? Just kidding. But seriously... PM me.

4. I feel that I do get to spend my weekends with all of you guys. I miss Larry, Tommy and the others. When I heard the news of Larry's passing I too teared up. I feel that I know all of you. {Bruce} I would love hanging out in your cabin with that crazy dog!{jnaki} your stories are so cool. Its like being there. {Rusty1} you love RUST way to much. ha. ha. and your art is fantastic.{ Hot Rod primmer} where do you think of all the cool threads. I could go on and on and name each one of you. So in a way I do get to spend the weekend with all you guys. And thanks for all your hospitality! Ron...

Last edited: Feb 10, 2017
  5. brigrat

brigrat
    from Wa.St.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Said like a true politician!^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

6. Hmm, who among those on this forum would I like to spend a weekend with? That is the question . However if I could pick one I think HotRodPrimer would be a great conversation.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Montana1, HOTRODPRIMER and kiwijeff like this.
  7. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

8. Me! That way I could get some work done on my car.

Other than that, Beaner. Because I grew up in Forest Grove, Oregon.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2017
    chryslerfan55 and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  9. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Ah hell I think we just need to have a Hamber only gathering in the Beaner's home town and eat pie and swap stories for a weekend.
    Actually low key HAMB gatherings in different parts of the country sounds like something that a lot of us would enjoy. bring your car, bring your stories and have a good time with no formal show, no awards or other pressure items.

10. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Blazing Saddles revisited

11. Mazooma, to see if I could figure out how he looks thru a camera lens so much differently than I do. ;)

And maybe some of the "paint pushers" like Safariknut and EdWeird to pump up my woefully lackluster lettering and striping skills. :rolleyes:

12. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

13. Without a doubt, it would be Squirrel, his Chevrolet knowledge is incredible

14. ...................The Maryland HAMB Group does that very thing pretty much annually. One of our members has an extraordinary collection of automobilia and petroliana and is kind enough to host the affair in and around his garage and home. Everyone brings food, their cars and great stories. Sept 2015 Md HAMB Social @ Szuba\'s (1).JPG 20160918_140026.jpg 12019836_1246272985398185_3439067659535294387_n.jpg

15. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

How long is a piece of string, lots of knowledgeable folks here that I could easily chew the fat with and knock over a beer or two. :D It would be similar to picking your favourite child, an impossible task.:eek::confused:o_O

16. I'd like to meet you all, but I'd have to start with the guys on my friends list first.
    I met some great Hambers when I worked in Australia, in 09, but unfortunately work got in the way, and I was to tired, and didn't get enough time to socialize properly.

Also all the great guys I've read, since becoming a member in 09, who have since past.
    I'm not in a hurry to met em now though, but as Ozzy sang, "I'll see ya on the other side".

17. squirrel

squirrel

I need to get back to the HAMB drags....

;)

18. I would like to meet you all.I just keep missing H.R.P. when he comes up this way. Bruce.

19. Can you imagine the conversations between Larry,Tommy,Frank & Randy..They held the torch high for all the Deuce Lovers here on the hamb and I miss every one of them,and like you we will see them again in Heaven.

We are fortunate that a lot of the knowledge they left can be found using the search feature. HRP

20. squirrel

squirrel

I'm the one who looks like Jack Nicholson.

21. .................Sorry, Jim, my mistake. I thought that was Clunker.:D

22. I can't count the number of HAMBers I have met, and not a bad one in the bunch. Would love to hang out with @Kiwi Kev at his shop (love the Los Straitjackets poster in the bathroom). And someday, I'm going to make it to New Zealand and finally meet @kiwijeff face to face .

23. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

We seem to see things fairly the same here. Yeah, Ryan. The rest of y'all, well we bullshit so much here anyways so it's always good. Some of you I feel like I know really well already. The year thing, that too henryj. I'm personally stopped about 1970, maybe 71. Fuck the "day the music died", how about the day the Front Engine Dragster died? A lot of things happened there. The OEMs went smog (except Chrysler), "Our father who art in Ocala, FL" changed the whole gig when he won Pomona in 71 with his back motor car. I could create too long a list here but I think the point is made. If we did fuck off for a weekend I'd have no interest in changing anything, best that happens on it's own. I'd want to drive a ton of miles around the area, get to know the locals, trade cars back n forth, even do some work on something for a morning. Yeah, I'm silly like that. I think Mr Frank Spittle would be a very interesting visit too. He seems to have a yen for things late 60s/early 70s too as it relates to drag racing. The rest, well, if we could ever make it happen a big time HAMB gathering of the faithful at Hershey, PA would be awesome. I could see something happening at either the campground up the road or right on the field the Fri night of the event. A pure BYO, fire up a grille, tell our best scores, favorite "find" stories, you know. Act like the kids we really are but surrounded by the "gold".

24. chevy54man

chevy54man
    from NC

My choice would be Old & Low.......John is a wealth of hot rod information, he has forgotten more than I'll ever know and is a man of honor and integrity in every way. I'm honored to call him my friend.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  25. s55mercury66

s55mercury66
    from SW Wyoming

26. 59Apachegail

59Apachegail
    from New York

Sarah McLaughlin, Jay Leno or Beaner

I have met some cool hambers in my travels so far. The most interesting stories usually come from car guys

27. LOU WELLS

LOU WELLS
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from IDAHO

I will be spending a week end with mj40s at The Boise Roadster show...... 27yv6u1.jpg

28. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

I need to make more time for my fellow GMB's.

chryslerfan55 likes this.