Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage If Lloyd has a get together, would you come?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Lloyd's paint & glass, Oct 12, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nrgwizard

nrgwizard
    from Minn. uSA

Lloyd;
    Do you realize what you've just done & got yourself info? ??? :D :D :D .
    I think this'll be the best event of the year.
    Marcus...

2. Well... I'm hoping that it'll turn out good Marcus, ain't none of us getting younger, and outside of this place, most people look at me and my ways a little funny. I don't think they get it, ya know? But if I can throw a blanket invite out there to a bunch of people that suffer from the same stupid shit I do, and some of them show up to hang out with me and have a great weekend? Then it's a win win my brother :D

3. alanp561

alanp561
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hey, man! C'mon, you're doing enough already. Don't want it to be to all work for you and your bride. Ain't nobody here broke enough that they can't pay for their own tacos. Only time anybody paid for my tacos was when I got into a taco eating contest with another Boilermaker. Loser paid. He fell out at 58 ounces and upchucked :eek::oops:, I made to 64 and held it :D. I made it to work next day :cool: but the sissy called in siiiccccckkkkkkk :rolleyes:. Come to think about it, that was probably the start of the reason I won't fit in the T :(.

4. Believe it or not Alan, I've had guys contact me saying that they can't possibly come this far, but, they wanna be a part of the hamb gathering. One guy asked if he could donate money to help cover my expenses and I said that if he wanted to do that, it was up to him, but if he did i would put his name on the back of the shirt as a sponsor and send him a shirt. So with guys like that, and local sponsors, I'm sure we can cover the food cost in the budget. And if by chance there is money left over, we'll put it in a big bag and give it away in a drawing, or divi it up for gas money to get home. I just want everybody that comes to relax and enjoy the company, and have a good time

5. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

Lloyd, I’d love to come and see what you and your wife are up to. You post great things here on the HAMB but it would be a wee bit far to travel from Vancouver area to your neck of the woods...

6. RMONTY

RMONTY

I ain't reading through 18 pages of your relentless BS to see wtf you are doing but hey! I love e a road trip. Sign me up....where is it again?

7. Maybe we could carpool Robin. :D

8. sidewayzz69

sidewayzz69

Sounds like alot of fun. Hate I cant make it.Hopefully you will post alot of pics.

Lloyd's paint & glass likes this.
  9. Im planning on going…meet me in southern Alberta and we will head down there together!

10. nrgwizard

nrgwizard
    from Minn. uSA

Hey, Llyod;
    That was a very big compliment to you n Ashley.
    For someone willing to put out all kinds of hospitality, effort, & cover the cost = someone (& something) very special. I don't know iffen I can attend, but if I can't, I'll be crying the whole time wishing I was there. I *do* think this'll be the best event of the year, even if it's only a few folks that show up. I think you'll be surprised - pleasantly.
    Marcus...

11. RMONTY

RMONTY

Maybe the Sedan Delivery will be rolling down the road by then....that would be a great shake down run in it! Otherwise it's the daily driver and abut a day's drive for me. Hope the date doesn't clash with The Gathering!

12. Owingsville Ky, little country town. Actually have 1 red light lol. Bath county Ky, the Indians named it bath because, well, this is where they stopped to bath. 5 minutes from my house is what's known as Kendall springs, and that's where they did their bathing lol. About 5 minutes in another direction is slate furnace, it's still standing, they made Cannon balls there during the war, and on my buddy's farm is the dock where they loaded cannon balls on the barge, he finds them on the river bank quite often. Nice little area with a lot of history.

13. Boneyard51

Boneyard51

Hey, Jeff, maybe we could get a caravan leaving Oklahoma and Texas headed for Kentucky. At this time I am planning on driving my motor home and trailering one of my ‘65s. Underline planning! That way if someone breaks done , I could drop my car and load the broken car. Just thinking out loud!
    Right now I am planning on going…..but you know that’s a spell away and I never know what’s going to happen between now and then!

Bones

14. alanp561

alanp561
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

15. Brian Penrod

Brian Penrod

I'll most likely be there a day or two, probably just drive over both days. Lloyd how far are you from the drag strip? Might make it a dual purpose trip.

16. It's just over the hill from me, but road miles is probably 5?

17. If you've ever been to Preston court days, I'm a mile past Preston road.

Boneyard51 and Brian Penrod like this.
  18. Flathead Dave

Flathead Dave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from So. Cal.

19. If you bring some

20. Brian Penrod

Brian Penrod

The wife makes a mean rum cake, five parts rum, one part cake!

21. Boneyard51

Boneyard51

A61CEFC3-C470-4D72-9930-092B4B884953.jpeg 85F49321-43FE-47D4-AFD9-327B9A9B34AD.jpeg
    Come on Alan! Your giving up my hole card!
    I will be coming from Oklahoma, across Arkansas, through Tennessee, up to Kentucky……I sure no one will notice!

Here is a close up of how he hooked it up!

Bones

Last edited: Nov 29, 2022
  22. 51504bat

51504bat
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

This is why there is a no Mustangs rule on the HAMB:cool:

23. Coming attractions of my caravan west bound on 64.

24. alanp561

alanp561
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

And, back to our original programming. Of course, Lloyd, I'd be delighted to attend your anniversary party. Thank you so much for asking me. ;)

25. Been following this thread "loosely" as I am committed to my 55th H.S. Reunion on that weekend, but I just wanted to give a BIG shout out to Lloyd and Ashley for their obvious hospitality and generosity. This get-together exemplifies what I've said time and again, that the cars and projects are what brings us together initially, but it's really about the people. This has the makings for being "the" event of the year for a lot of folks and I hope it is a huge success. I have no doubt that it will be. Wish I could be there.

As mentioned, I haven't read every page, but it occurred to me that if an invitation hasn't been "formally" extended to @Ryan it would be great if that were to happen. If not for his vision and innovation in creating this site, who knows if any of us would have ever even had the chance to meet at an event like this. I know he's a low-key guy and also a very busy family man so he might very well not be able to attend, but it would be a nice gesture to reach out to him. Just my thoughts.

Hope everyone has a blast and safe travels to and from Lloyd's place........Don.

26. Cosmo49

Cosmo49

LLOYDSTOCK famous or infamous quotes and topics...

Everybody there will be there.
    If you remember Lloydstock you didn't go.
    The underwear discussion.
    Towing trailers with off off topic underpowered faux muscle cars.
    Beverage discussions.
    Food discussions.
    Long distance driving praise.
    Donations and T shirts.
    Movies, drive-in, home, vcr.
    Llyod's band!

27. alanp561

alanp561
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

@Lloyd's paint & glass

chryslerfan55 and lothiandon1940 like this.
  28. alanp561

alanp561
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You ain't right either, but I like your style.;)

29. Well sure Ryan is invited. Everyone here is invited. As far as this being a success, I know that 3 or 4 guys from here are coming, guys that I've had the great pleasure of hanging out with already, and I'm honored to call my friends now. So in my eyes, when it comes right down to it, I already call it a success :D I guess the only failure could be that I spend a bunch of money because everybody says they're coming, and then nobody shows up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.