Register now to get rid of these ads!

Identify this Kustom

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by johnboyrox, Sep 27, 2005.

1. johnboyrox

johnboyrox
    from Ottawa, KS

Can someone identify this custom for me? Who? When? Where? I was told a story about it, but I don't believe the story and I was just wondering.

Attached Files:

2. ka-zoo

ka-zoo

not too sure about the gull wings, but thats one of the nicest buick style headlight bezel placements on a merc i have ever seen.
    cool color too

3. old beet

old beet

Was on E-Bay last year with a super high reserve???......OLDBEET

4. Slag Kustom

Slag Kustom

where is 00 Mack he will know all the history on it.

5. johnboyrox

johnboyrox
    from Ottawa, KS

I thought I remembered seeing it on e-bay a while back also. This digital picture has a feb/04 date on the file, so that may have been where it came from. A friend has told me a real outrageous story about it being traded in on a new Mercedes Kompressor Coupe and how he got to drive it, but this picture was taken with a Cannon S110 according to the file info and his camera is a different model, so I know he's blowing smoke. The dealership he said it was at (Aristocrat Motors in KC) doesn't look like these pictures. I love the car though and was wondering where it really came from. I agree about the "gullwing" doors, but at least they did a good job on them.

6. 00 MACK

00 MACK

I just got the phone call from SLAG while I was in the beginning of fornication to answer this post. I decided I couldnt wait the 21 seconds I had alloted myself so I ran to the computer. The call was built by Larry Kramer of Cincinatti 17 years ago and was owned by Manny Licker of Dix Hills New York.

7. johnboyrox

johnboyrox
    from Ottawa, KS

Amazing! Thanks Mack. This place is incredible. I can post a totally random picture and a matter of minutes later, I have names, locales, and timeframe. Thanks so much. If you guys ever need to know about something I know, I hope to return the favor. So feel free to ask me any questions about...well...nothing I guess.

8. coolcars

coolcars
    from florida

HI
    I BUILT THE 51 CANDY APPLE GOLD MERC IN THE MID 1980'S
    WAS IN NY THEN FL THEN CA AND NOW IN MI
    ITS VERY COOL
    MANNY
    COOL CARS
    954 969 1969

9. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

it would be a bitch to match that paint after you fixed the doors. that's all I got to say.

.....might as well tone down the tail lights since you're messing up the paint anyway.

10. A very long time ago I had the chance to drive a Gull Wing Mercedes that I did some work on for a fella in San Bruno. As I recall Gull wing cars are a bitch to get in and out of.

That said if it were mine I probably wouldn't change the doors or the lights. But what the hell do I know I'm a rodder and the finer points of custom are totally lost on me.

11. mikes51

mikes51

Did anyone else notice the door tops aren't made from part of the roof, like alot of the old gull wing customs? Looks like the doors actually swing out from under the drip rail and then swing up. Pretty good engineering on that IMHO.

I like those inverted packard lenses more when they flow into a pointed rolled pan, but these do match the fishtail shapes well.

12. 327-365hp

327-365hp
    from Mass

Is this for real?

Manny Licker of Dix Hills New York

13. CHOPMERC

CHOPMERC

pretty funny i agree, but if 00Mack says it's real, it's real...he stores more kustom car info than my damn computer could!!

14. Crease

Crease

You need a new friend, your friend needs more to do and YOU should apply for some sort of CSI job. I never would have thought of that.