Register now to get rid of these ads!

identification

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Molin61, Jul 25, 2012.

1. Molin61

Molin61
    from Karlshamn

Hi i have bought this objekt, the body I think is Hudson or Essex, but I realiced that the chassi is from another car do anyone know? The engine mountingplate fits the frame
    <!-- / message --><!-- edit note -->

Attached Files:

2. Molin61

Molin61
    from Karlshamn

I forgot to mention that it has 112 "wheelbase and 30" wide i the middle.

3. hoggyrubber

hoggyrubber

you might try asking on the hudson forum on www.classiccar.com . someone there will def know. looks like a bit of this and that to me. i am not sure what the sdan body is. if it's hudson or essex someone will know there.

4. Molin61

Molin61
    from Karlshamn

I dont thinks It Hudson/Essex becourse they had 112"wb 1938 and up and It has wooden wheels.

Attached Files:

5. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

6. where on earty is Karlshamn? This is just a question so don't get shook.

Unless you are doing a restoration I would not be concerned about the chassis, it is the body that you need to know about so you can find the pieces that go with it. Modify the chassis to suit your build. It is not likely that you will be using any of the old driveline parts if you are building a hot rod or a custom anyway.

Those old wheels are wall hanges by the way. They make excellent clocks.

7. What you have there is a 1930 Essex sedan....

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 26, 2012
  8. Sweden.

9. Thanks Sometimes I don't know if I am looking at made up names or real names.

10. Molin61

Molin61
    from Karlshamn

Karlshamn is in south Sweden. I was thinking use the chassi and build an old racecar like this ! and i have an old Pontiac flathead 8 to put in it. And the body will be a ratrod whit new chassi.

Attached Files:

11. hoggyrubber

hoggyrubber

they have some threads with those boattail speedster hudsons on classic car aswell. i bet a hudson 6 would be pretty hard to come by in sweden so the pontiac 8 would be a pretty cool replacment. best of luck with both projects.

12. Molin61

Molin61
    from Karlshamn

Do any know where ýou can search for old cars with 112" wheelbase so I can know what frame it is?

13. looks like what I am looking for 1930 essex!

14. The37Kid

The37Kid

If that is an Essex chassis that is the one everyone used to build dirt cars in the 1930's. The rear kickup is perfect. The old car in the center is a Hudson team car from around 1919. Bob

15. Ruban

Ruban
    from Sweden

Hello Molin, a little curious! Have you received any response as to which frame / chassi you have in the pictures?
    Best regards / Ruban