Register now to get rid of these ads!

Ideas on how to show Year?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by MoparJoel, Feb 5, 2013.

1. daddio211

daddio211

I think you should pull all the Dodge emblemsthen put a Toyota emblem on the tailgate, Subaru emblem on the hood, Kia emblem on the driver's side and Hyundai emblem on the passenger side. Mess with people!

Yes, I really would do that. Maybe you'd have to know me.

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

2. MoparJoel

MoparJoel

:D Then I wouldnt be able to post about it on the HAMB though:(

3. cakes

cakes

Can you not do year of make registration in AZ?

4. MoparJoel

MoparJoel

I dont believe so, not on a historic plate. a custom I could but I don't like any of the AZ plates for this truck. I got the copper one cause my original plans were to paint the truck copper, but I changed my mind on that so I could go with a different plate now... and Ive always thought people think that my wifes name is kate (which its not, its jennifer) because the random AZ DMV machine gave me the plate no. LVK8 :D... so thats always bugged me too

5. bfinch56

bfinch56

I've learned If I got nothin nice to say, I say nothin at all.....

6. bfinch56

bfinch56

damnit... still learnin i guess.

7. dadseh

dadseh

Probably the most easily recognised Holden model in AU and they still ask what year it is!???
    Couldnt believe my luck when I approached the DMV about "GM 064". Seems some guy had reserved the plate years earlier but never picked them up.

Attached Files:

• 100.JPG
      100.JPG
      File size:
      97 KB
      Views:
  8. I have "JW 1937" on my 37 Willys plates and they still ask what year it is !! JW

9. snopeks garage

snopeks garage
    from macomb MI

When people ask say its a 2014

10. dadseh, the EH Holden production ran for 18 months so it could be one of two years. Just splitting hairs, EHs are tops. JW :)

11. MoparJoel

MoparJoel

Another goofy story I got was a few years back I took my truck out on one of its first adventures down the ol 1/4 mile so with shoe polish the people at speed world put me as 09 number vehicle and wrote it on the top corner of the windshield and since i didnt know what time it would run they put the default 14.00 on the back window. so after the fun at the strip was all over me and my buddies went out to a local hangout where lots of people are passing by and a guy yells hey is that Ford for sale and my buddy responds "yup 2009 Ford $14 dollars!" and the guy looked so embarrased and quietly walked off. It was pretty funny at the time...
    [​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

12. dorf

dorf
    from ohio

i dont put the year on any of mine that way i know if the person knows what he or she is talking about.

13. jetnow1

jetnow1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from CT
    1. A-D Truckers

If you do not want to use O'Brien to make a plaque there is a great tech thread on
    making your own- look up a posting by Smokey ( **tech week** Casting a metal name plate for your car. It tells you how and even suggests a cheap metal source. Jim

14. Dave Mc

Dave Mc

How I did it,people still ask "what year is it?" :confused:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 5, 2013
  15. do a year of manufacture plate

here is my new one....guess what year my car is?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 5, 2013
  16. I have a 1959 Ford license plate frame on my Ranchero and people still ask what year my Elcamino is. Just roll with it and smile.

17. mj40's

mj40's

I have always been lucky enough to run a 1940 plate since 1968.
    [​IMG]

Here is what I'm running now.

[​IMG]

18. If you really feel the need to broadcast to the world what year it is, the least tacky way is a simple set of license frames that say the year.

19. Stevie Nash

Stevie Nash

I just run YOM plates (in IA you just keep the plates it's registered under in the trunk).

But, this only gets them close. Most don't know a '37 Nash and there is only one small place that there is a Nash badge.

I enjoy talking about the car. Sure there are a lot of dummies out there, but MOST of them aren't assholes... Of course a few you might as well just walk away because it's going to be a waste of your time when they try to tell you they know your car better than you do and they don't even have the make right...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 6, 2013
  20. John Denich

John Denich

You could always go with approach....have it custom printed.....just saying! :D

Attached Files:

21. the way I look at it, most people don't care what year it is-they just want to ask questions about your car/ truck. they think it is cool and they wish they had one, so to "get in the club" they come over to talk a little "car". they don't know what to say or ask so they start with "what year is it"

22. MoparJoel

MoparJoel

YOM?! I dont think AZ has those Ive never heard of that I cant imaging having a plate on a vehicle thats not a "real" plate or is it? Im not familiar with the YOM which i would assume stands for year of make.:confused:

23. Stevie Nash

Stevie Nash

You just get an antique plate from the year the car was made. I picked this one up at a swap meet and restored it to look kind of old. Like I said, if I get pulled over I have the REAL registration and plate. They are not going to hassle you over something like that in Iowa when it's on a classic car.

I'm assuming they think that I'm not going to rob a bank with this thing, it sticks out like a sore thumb... They wouldn't need a plate number, they would recognize me in traffic right away!

24. daddio211

daddio211

Yes, Arizona most certainly has YOM plates. Check ebay, I'm sure there are a thousand of them.

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

25. 48FordFanatic

48FordFanatic
    from Maine

Can't imagine why it would be such a big deal to anyone to worry about what the people driving by might be asking themselves about your truck. Maybe they're saying , " Holy shit , its a MOPAR ....don't get too close it could self-destruct at any time ". Just kidding man....by the way , what year is it?????/

26. jazzfidelity

jazzfidelity

most non-car people won't notice whatever you decide to do, so just get used to saying "1957" with pride.. YOM plates are the only way to go, and imho "vanity" and "personalized" plates are lame, trendy, campy, etc.. as are "antique" plates and fuzzy dice..

27. MoparJoel

MoparJoel

28. If it bothers you that much Arizona does have a YOM tag law and they look cool so why not do that. HRP

29. MoparJoel

MoparJoel

I will have to look into the YOM plates I have never heard of this or know what it is.