Register now to get rid of these ads!

History ID this strange headlight?

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by jambottle, Nov 29, 2013.

1. jambottle

jambottle

found this strange headlight.it has holders on the side which i assume ,held it in a u shaped bracket.only have one,so i was hoping it was a single headlight car(ya sure).i searched antique car pics but had no luck.Hope someone here can help.thanks chris.
    disregard the old cemetery marker,i bought it 40+ years ago when fall carisle was held in the old small race track.

2. jambottle

jambottle

sorry forgot pics.

Attached Files:

3. Looks similar to mid 1920s Wills-ste-Claire. Just a little more primative/older maybe. ??

Attached Files:

4. Some of the orphan makes outsourced components like headlights, so the same headlights may have been used on several different makes and models.

5. The37Kid

The37Kid

That was my first thought. Remember last year when someone on the HAMB found a cowl section that we ID'd from the cowl side light? Bob

[​IMG]

6. jambottle

jambottle

that is close;i think it is proably 1915-16 area because of the mounting lugs.most likely had these mounts and not a cross bar like later cars,

Attached Files:

7. jambottle

jambottle

anyone else have an idea?