Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects ID this GM (?) chassis, WIN A PRIZE!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by exwestracer, Aug 20, 2012.

1. Ok, so there's really no prize :(, except maybe someone's gratitude...

Here's the deal: A friend of a friend bought a 51 Binder pickup (his first rod of any kind) that is sitting on a different frame. New owner wants the wife to do some interior work on it, so I went along to scope it out with her. Turns out, nobody knows anything about the chassis. The seller said it's from the early 80s, but the suspension and frame design look much older... to me anyway. Steering box definitely looks like a Sag, so I'm thinking it is GM for starters. Anyone ever seen one before?

I'm hoping the power of the HAMB can help out a new rodder.

Attached Files:

2. squirrel

squirrel

chevy truck

looks like 73-87 style

3. Shit, never even thought about a 1/2 ton...DUH. I knew it wasn't an S10. Now that you mention it, I see the u-bolts on the lower a-arm shaft. Knew it wouldn't take long... Thanks, Jim.

4. squirrel

squirrel

Steering box outside the frame rail...and those motor mount brackets...easy to spot. I took apart quite a few of those trucks when I worked at the junkyard as a teenager