Register now to get rid of these ads!

ID this car

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by patrick66, Jul 4, 2012.

  1. Not a hot rod, just a cool pic of a 'Teens car that I've never seen before. Can anyone ID this beast?
     

    Attached Files:

  2. Mopar Jack
    Joined: Jan 24, 2010
    Posts: 1,359

    Mopar Jack
    Member

    Whippet maybe...
     
  3. The37Kid
    Joined: Apr 30, 2004
    Posts: 25,783

    The37Kid
    Member

    1913 Rambler, great tour car, the curved bars in the radiator are the first clues. Bob
     
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2012
  4. a50merc
    Joined: Apr 20, 2008
    Posts: 967

    a50merc
    Member

    it looks like a 1916 Briscoe touring Car USA

    just my 3.5 cents
     
    Register now to get rid of these ads!

  5. henry29
    Joined: Sep 5, 2007
    Posts: 2,810

    henry29
    Member

  6. Flatman
    Joined: Dec 20, 2005
    Posts: 1,975

    Flatman
    Member

    Right hand drive?

    Flatman
     
  7. Mr48chev
    Joined: Dec 28, 2007
    Posts: 25,384

    Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

    A lot of the early American cars were. They took on the same driving position as a wagon drawn by horses as most of them were set up to drive the team from the right hand side.
     
  8. Most vehicles built from 1885 to around 1913 were right-hand-drive, no matter where they came from, for the reason described above. Just prior to WWI, most US builders went to LHD, because it was easier to see oncoming traffic from the driver's (left) side of the car. The US adopted the practice of driving on the right side of the road very early on, in most states. About 60% or so of the world these days is left hand drive, the other 40% RHD. Right-hand drive is the rule in Great Britain and the vast majority of what was once the British Empire (India, Australia, etc), along with South Africa, Japan, Burma, and other countries.
     
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2012

Share This Page

Register now to get rid of these ads!

Archive

Copyright © 1995-2020 The Jalopy Journal: Steal our stuff, we'll kick your teeth in. Terms of Service. Privacy Policy.

Atomic Industry
Forum software by XenForo™ ©2010-2014 XenForo Ltd.