Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs ID tail lights found at estate sale

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by norby48, May 7, 2015.

1. Hey folks, My Good friend Plantina, (Ebay name), found these. I thought they were Caddy, but, can't find them on the web. they say:
    United Mfg Co Kansas City, Missouri
    Thanks
    tailights-1.JPG

2. Cadillac?? The look Cadillac-ish to me.

I have seen those before maybe Kaiser but they still look Cadillac to me. :D

3. I believe those are aftermarket bolt-ons for early 50's Chevy. Instant Custom!

Squablow and Hnstray like this.
  4. squirrel

squirrel

Might be a custom tail light, designed to make your Chevy look more like a Caddy. As in...JC Whitney.

but that's just a guess. I don't have an early 50s JCW catalog

5. scrap metal 48

scrap metal 48

Yes aftermarket and those are in great shape.. You could probably make some money on those...

volvobrynk likes this.
  6. 55Brodie

55Brodie

The lenses look Willys Aero-ish.

7. HOLLYWOOD GRAHAM

HOLLYWOOD GRAHAM
    from Ojai,Ca

They go along well with the quad headlight adapters for 57 Fords or the look-a-like Olds spinners for 16” wheels.

8. 50 customcoupe

50 customcoupe

They are aftermarket Cadillac style tail lights for a Cadillac or custom look that was popular back in the 50's....

9. Dyno Dave

Dyno Dave

I moved from Spokane to Walla Walla in the summer of '56 and would drive by a house where a '49/'50 light blue mild custom Chevy convertible sat in the driveway. It had those Cad style taillights molded into the fenders, it sat around for 2/3 years, then gone... Agree with 55 Brodie, the lenses and bezel have both a Factory appearance and Aero look...Dyno Dave

10. 40zr1

40zr1

Willys...54?

11. 56premiere

56premiere
    from oregon

I have a friend with those on a 5o chevy. He,s 70+ and were on it in hi school.

12. Nobody clicked on that picture of the Chevy hardtop with these same lights on it?

That's what they are. Aftermarket accessory lights for 49-50 Chevy to give a Cadillac look to them. As noted, probably worth some serious coin, being potmetal they're tough to find in nice shape.

willbe likes this.
  13. Thanks folks.

14. Saw a '49-'52 Pontiac hearse in a junkyard in Virginia about 25 years ago that had those on it.