Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods ID Hot Rod Marker lights Electro Line

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bustingear, Dec 4, 2019.

1. bustingear

bustingear

I came up with this marker lights and the smaller ones are marked Electroline and I have heard the larger ones called same but no markings. Can anyone ID these and give some back ground and perhaps rough value?
    Thanks

Attached Files:

2. squirrel

squirrel

Value...whatever someone will pay?

the larger lights are cowl lights, they don't have any markings?

electro2.jpg electro.jpg

3. bustingear

bustingear

good on the torpedos thanks
    still hunting around on the others. checked again no markings

4. F&J

F&J

The large ones are not cowl lights from the 20s-early 30s due to phillips head screws.

I've seen those for decades at swaps, and they must have been used on multiple applications? I know that some of those that I have seen are chrome plated brass, due to seeing age cracks in the buckets.

The very early Jeep civilian CJ2a parking lights from late 1945 to perhaps 1947, uses the same chromed bucket, same rim and same mounting stands, hiding behind the grille. They sit on a shelf bracket behind the grille, with the same pedestal mounting. My son has an early 46 and his look identical except his has flat glass lenses. His are chrome plated steel for sure.

kidcampbell71 likes this.

5. rusty valley

rusty valley

f&j has it, i dont know who made them, but they were very common 40's and 50's stuff. all allis chalmers tractor tail lights, WW2 dodge 1/2 tons, etc. same bucket sometimes got a different glass and rim for different applications. ya cant go to a swap meet without seeing more than one