Register now to get rid of these ads!

ID - 32 Chevroley 5W Barn Find

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lsmjamison, Sep 27, 2010.

1. lsmjamison

lsmjamison
    from Texas

I'm pretty sure this is a '32 Chevy... can anyone positively identify? Should be making an offer soon... wish me luck. I also hate to ask "what's it worth?" but any idea of a range that's fair for all steel, full fendered, relatively stock looking car?

Attached Files:

2. 31Apickup

31Apickup

It's either a 31 or 32. A 31 has a visor, 32 doesn't. Pontiacs also used the same body, but different hood, grill shell and possibly different wheelbase.

3. If it has a raised bead around the edge of the fenders with a peak in the front and rear centers its a 32. Also the vin tag is on the firewall and it will have the year on it.

4. I hear those '32 Chevroley's are hard to come by :rolleyes: ... your "Barn Find" looks like a '32 Chevrolet Sport Coupe to me ;) ... here's a pic of another stocker:

[​IMG]

5. dorf

dorf
    from ohio

the vin tag on my 35 was under the passenger seat. check there, plate on the fire wall was not vin tag

6. xlr8

xlr8
    from Idaho

It's worth more if the wood is good, they go for just a couple thousand if the wood is shot. When made into a highboy that body style is almost indistinguishable from a 32 ford.

7. lsmjamison

lsmjamison
    from Texas

Note that the fenders hanging have a spot for a spare in each fender... Does that give it a designation "sport coupe" or "not sport coupe"? All 32 Chevy's i've seen on here have either their fenders filled in and the spare is mounted at rear of car?

8. dragit2death

dragit2death
    from michigan

I just want to chime in here and say how cool those pictures are...Kinda gave me chills.

9. Chevy54

Chevy54
    from Orange, CA

Heres 2 pics of my 32 before stripped and then apart..great find and pics!

Attached Files:

10. On a 32 the plate on the firewall is the vin/Job tag showing the Job number, year and options such as paint color. There is also one on the passenger side wooden sill plate that is nailed to the floor not riveted to the body as is the firewall plate. In Connecticut the DMV will only use the firewall plate as the ID as the sill plate can easy be changed.In any case the year is on that plate.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 28, 2010
  11. should be a 32 due to no visor....

congrats....way cool find

12. Pontiacs used a similar body, but not the same. The beltlines are different. Oldsmobiles are also very similar to Chevys, but again, different body lines.
    That's definately a '32 Chevrolet.