Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Iconic LLoyd Bakan Coupe Up for Grabs

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Stogy, Nov 21, 2018.

1. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

No mention that I can see of any amounts offered. I am sure you are correct about the reserves. It sure was stated when there was No Reserve.

2. I am pretty sure the amounts I posted ($360,000 and $110,000) were the final bids on both cars. Pictures of the bidding boards were all over Instagram the day of the auction. I know for a fact that the Merc didn't meet reserve as Fullerton Fab stated that it didn't so I have to assume the Bakan was in the same boat.

DeLuxe 32, rodncustomdreams and Stogy like this.
  3. The Bakan coupe was the major influence to my own '32 as I bought that Hot Rod mag (my first) when I was seven and still have it!

My coupe:
    StormsAcomin.jpg

Dave

4. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That's a cool Hotrod there Dave...nothing wrong with living a dream...I'm sure that's a heck of a lot of Fun...;)

rodncustomdreams likes this.
  5. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

I'm gonna get flamed for this, But I'd rather have those babes posing by it than the car. Its nice, but just doesn't pop for me.
    Dave, your blue coupe is sharp!

(note, I want the babes as they were on the cover, not as "survivor" status!)

6. Kan Kustom

Kan Kustom

I would much rather have yours. You did good !

7. redo32

redo32

This just showed up on Scott Gillen's instagram. He didn't directly say he bought it ,but we can infer possession answers the question. 47440303_2189762284614398_5574234950287638337_n.jpg

8. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks @redo32, perhaps it went a little lesser than the reserve. @K13 said it was up to 350k...that's pretty up there...beautiful Hotrod...hopefully we see it out and about.

9. Thanks for the compliments fellas! When I was looking for as many pics as I could find of Bakan's deuce I came across some interesting ones.. including an old article in Rod Action? Anyway, while looking I found a short article on line by a fellow who had just purchased an old hot rod. It looked pretty familiar to me and he was somewhere in the North West as Marty Strode posted earlier. What do you think?
    LloydBakan copy.jpg

Dave
    p.s. MERRY CHRISTMAS! (and HAPPY HOLIDAYS for those who celebrate differently)!

Stogy likes this.
  10. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That sure looks like the one Marty posted...it really was a driven Hotrod despite its show status...which makes it even more desirable.

Being so passionate about a historical Hotrod is really cool and building your dream around it has really be played out on so many levels over the years. Thanks Dave and anything Bakan Coupe related keep on sharing. All the best over this Holiday season...​

1947knuck and rodncustomdreams like this.