Register now to get rid of these ads!

Ian Russels She Swallows Questions and pic request

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by devilscustom, Dec 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. devilscustom

devilscustom
    from Sweden

2. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

I don't know what it is..But that car is retarded.

3. Concrete B

Concrete B

I like Ians style...sorry Evel. He just does his own thing.

4. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

I dunno what to think. Some of the other vids show the car finished and painted, but are kinda dim. I wanna see some brighter pics.

5. rab71

rab71

What is so retarded about it? The air ride? Ian Russel is and artist that happends to build cars. He puts a lot of his artist vision into the cars that he creates. There is a couple descent videos with him in it too. "Back From The Dead" is one, and then there is Back From The Dead: The Complete Build" Many on this forum may not like what he does because his builds are not traditional. But they are influenced by traditional rods. He is actually very well respected by the hot rod community. Perform a search.

6. Sloppyseconds

Sloppyseconds
    from Pasadena

Wasnt that the goddy looking pile parked at mooneyes under the Bamboo tent. It was black with all the chrome painted silver? I think I have a pic of it painted...I had to take one...no one would have believed me! Let me check

7. It would help if they got somebody that knows how to use a fuckin' video camera. If that is that artsy-fartsy shit, then never mind!

I agree that top blows.-MIKE:confused:

8. Sloppyseconds

Sloppyseconds
    from Pasadena

9. That's unfourtunate

10. 53burb

53burb

The only thing I liked about that car is that the body was straight and the paint job. KNUX!

11. Badfella

Badfella

Keep the carson off and it's cool:)

12. punkabilly1306

punkabilly1306
    from ohio

isnt that the car that he just cut some out of the pillars and then flipped the roof around?

13. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

I'm not questioning his ability... I just don't get it...my opinion.

14. JamesG

JamesG

The headlights look cross-eyed.

And that tiki looks like a side scoop built into the body.

15. Fuckin Barf. No wonder I can't find a decent 49-51 Ford, They are being used for shit like this. Jeez.

16. bluemeanie

bluemeanie

What the heck is wrong with you guys?Everyone has their own style! Look at the workmanship,that speaks for itself!

17. superduper88

superduper88

I think it's cool. Dunno 'bout the turbo ginsu hubcaps, but it's cool. If that top does come off thats how I'd drive it.

Later- John

18. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

not sure I am into that style either - BUT - the guy has a lot of talent to build stuff - I am doing good to change my oil!!!!

ha

I say as long as he is happy with it - then that is all that matters.......
    do the HAMB guys care about what the goldchainers think?

somehow I dont think so..........
    so as this community grows - I am sure we will see more and more variations..............some will be cool - some will suck - just a matter of opinion

19. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

The Tiki is not part of the car but a reflection from the display post next to it.
    The roof may have made more sense if it didn't stick out over the windshield half a block and had no back glass at all or at least one that fits the panel, it looks ridiculous mounting a very curved glass in a very not much curved panel half in and half out with a monster black rubber moulding around it.
    The 37-39 Std headlamps are a lot goofy too.
    Sorry man, the artist guy overcame the car guy severely. Maybe the Art Car Parade in Houston would love this little guy.

20. Radshit

Radshit

It used to be "car guys" building cars....with at least some taste thrown in.......

Now if you call yourself an "artist/carbuilder" that's supposed to somehow make what you build Kool.....no matter how ugly it may actually be......

the roof reminds me of a something you would use to launch a V-2 rocket with....

21. VNCduke

VNCduke
    from Washougal

I think that guy claims that he thinks of his cars as art to cover his ass when they start looking like shit

22. rustrustler

rustrustler

I can appreciate the workmanship without liking the product. Beauty is after all only skin-deep but thats bone ugly.

23. Muttley

Muttley

24. hemi

hemi

These comments always pop up to defend the ugly shit. Just because he can doesn't mean that he should, and just because he did doesn't mean anyone has to like it... If the workmanship is of a high quality, but the overall effect is crappy then it is a failure.

I guess the OSR crowd will love it....

25. Flatman

Flatman

Not enough rust:rolleyes:

Flatman

26. Bumpstick

Bumpstick

The car may not be to everyone's liking (mine included) but Ian follows his own path. Got to respect him for that alone. Plus, its arrow straight and the paint is flawless. The top is custom made as is the trim. The guy has serious skills and is modest to a fault!! KEEP IT UP IAN. -stick

27. KIRK!

KIRK!

Horrible!

You "he's doing his own thing" guys kill me. Ugly is ugly, no matter how well executed.

I'm good with a knife, does that mean I should be a surgeon?

Some of those "art car" guys spend a lot of time gluing shit all over their cars in intricate patterns. I guess that makes a car covered with rocks and broken tiles a cool kustom.

28. JimA

JimA
    BANNED

Ian is a very cool guy- has amazing skills and is forging his own path- easy to take shots from a keyboard, but at least respect that he's actually DOING it- not just talking about it.

That wasn't pointed at you Kirk- just came out at the exact same moment as yours. There was a time when I did my share of opinion making- and then ate my words when I met some of the guys I talked about. Didn't change my opinion of the cars, but meeting the people changes everything. There's room for everyone like 'em or not.

29. <TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" width="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">The work looks outstanding! the style is just not to my taste, but well done. Rags
    </TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.