Register now to get rid of these ads!

I won the lottery! Goodwood style - Curtis "crawfish" Crider

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by LIMEY, Jun 25, 2004.

1. LIMEY

LIMEY

So i've already accepted the fact i can't afford to go to Goodwood & kinda put it at the back of my mind so i don't dwell on it too much.
    Well early this evening i get a phone call asking if i know the where abouts of an 8BA waterpump for one of the cars over from the U.S. for the event, i said leave it with me & i'll make some calls to locate one. So twenty calls later i score the much needed pump & phone to tell them the good news, this time asking for some info on the car that needs the pump & he replies "oh its the Crawfish Crider 40 Ford he's 74 & still owns it" with that my enthusiasm went through the roof & i offered to deliver the pump to Goodwood adding "but i don't have tickets" the voice on the phone said don't worry i'm the organiser of the event & i'll take care of it!
    So it seems i am going to Goodwood & for free....i'm stoked [​IMG]
    If anyone has any info on Curtis Crider & his 40 lets see some pics, i'll be taking some tomorrow.

2. oldchevyseller

oldchevyseller
    from mankato mn

woohooo [​IMG]

Attached Files:

3. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

[ QUOTE ]
    So it seems i am going to Goodwood & for free....i'm stoked [​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]

Good things HAPPEN to good people..........

If you had been a BUTT................you would be sitting at home tomorrow.........

Congratulations

4. k9racer

k9racer

Ask if this is the car Rod Long fron Tennesee did the resto on.Curtis and his son are top notch people. Lots of good stories you will have a ball listening. Oh yes take lots of photos and maybe carry a recorder. Have Fun Bobby..

5. what is GOODWOOD-IS THAT WHEN GOODGUYS GET EXCITED? [​IMG]

6. I hope your taking LOTS of pictures. [​IMG]

7. LIMEY

LIMEY

Thanks guys......yes you could say i have Goodwood, its 6am & i'm leaving to pick up the pump.
    Yes i have rolls of film with me.....will take plenty [​IMG]

8. Hey Kev,

Enjoy it...Pure Hell & Pure Heaven are gonna be there, plus lots of other fun cars...

Dave

9. Nice man.........nice

10. LIMEY

LIMEY

Back now & boy was it a long day.....the cars & the venue were outstanding, but the weather & the general public were a pain in the ass.
    It pissed down on & off all day as you would expect in summertime (Dave i bett you're missing it) but that didn't stop some of the boys giving it their all & showing some fine sideways action....even in the rarest of cars!!
    I was limited with picture taking due to the sheer amount of trainspotters....sorry i mean public all over the cars, yes i said all over the cars.....touching & leaning on seemed to be the norm, little respect.....car people know what i mean.
    Anyway had a great day really & the waterpump was ok.....saw the Crawfish 40 running & did some laps even with some other minor problems.
    I'll post the pics in a day or two when developed....i did get some neat shots eventually [​IMG]

11. kev..its on itv tomorrow at 4pm

monkey

12. LIMEY

LIMEY

Yeah i'm gonna grab a beer & watch it.....i'll bet the sun shines too [​IMG]

13. [ QUOTE ]
    Yeah i'm gonna grab a beer & watch it.....i'll bet the sun shines too [​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]

Make sure you tape it & send me a copy!!

Got a whole gang of my old motor club going tomorrow for the marshalling.

Know what you mean about the trainspotters...tho the 'giles rodney & camilla' mob who only go cos its 'part of the season' are an even bigger pain!

Remind me to tell you about Derek Bell & the twat in the straw hat next time we talk!!

Dave

14. LIMEY

LIMEY

Dave you got it.....its being taped, any other guys want a copy let me know as i'm sure we can come up with something!
    Kev.

15. LIMEY

LIMEY

Here's one of the Crawfish Crider car from the weekend...

Attached Files:

16. LIMEY

LIMEY

& to prove they actually used it.....

Attached Files:

17. Kilroy

Kilroy
    from Orange, Ca

So I guess I don't really have to ask why it's called good"WOOD" do I.

18. LIMEY

LIMEY

[​IMG] Would you like some more pics to keep the wood up!

19. Kev: I always knew you were a suck up!!! Lucky bastard I'd love to go some year....

20. LIMEY

LIMEY

Thanks Ted let me know when you go & i'll stay home! [​IMG]

Attached Files:

21. KEV: Nice pics, are those is that last one the newwest section of the M25??? HAHA hey when does the new truck get there and how was the rest of the trip? Sorry I missed the Antique Nats how was it?