Register now to get rid of these ads!

I want to build a car in memory of my dad...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by The Coroner 318, Feb 13, 2012.

1. The Coroner 318

The Coroner 318

I know that anything newish is extremely taboo here, but i also know that here are the REAL hotrodders. The last car my dad had was a front wheel drive car, the car itself LOOKS seriously bad ass, but does not perform anywhere near as well as i would like it to. I want to show the old man upstares how cool his car could have been, with a 400+CI motor and a custom manual trans behind it. The big question here is, what is it going to take to get a front wheel v6 car to a rear wheel, 8 cyl car. Im definately putting a full cage in it, but im not sure about the drivetrain tunnel the k member, rearend, front and rear suspension. Ive got an idea of how to do it and ive wanted to do this for close to 8 years now, however it always came down to why do all that work when you can just get a car thats already rearwheel drive. HELP!!

2. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

wanting to build a car in memory of your dad is a worthy pursuit. i am very inspired by the same motivation. to help, we're going to need a lot more specific info, but i suspect you've left specifics out because we'll find out they aren't HAMB friendly. if that's the case, i bet you'd find lots of good help over on DOGFIGHT. lots of the same people over there, talking about different kinds of cars. you can find a link to DOGFIGHT at the bottom of any HAMB page.

3. nashvegas99

nashvegas99

"i bet you'd find lots of good help over on DOGFIGHT. lots of the same people over there, talking about different kinds of cars. you can find a link to DOGFIGHT at the bottom of any HAMB page."

what the crap is Dogfight? <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

4. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

well, click on the DOGFIGHT link at the bottom of any HAMB page and find out.

5. Dave50

Dave50

SERIOUSLY????? I think it`s time you search before you take that attiude

6. In answer to your question what you need to do is build a chassis and then gut the body and set it on the chassis. Then put the interior back together as best you can. you will need to build different floor boards or modify the ones that you have.

Now as far as too new you are absolutely correct about the car being too new for the board. That doesn't change the fact that you are doing something to honor your Dad and that should be a highly respected pursuit. Good luck with the build, PM me if you get lost.