Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods I visited Brookville Roadster today!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by RacingRoger, May 11, 2018.

1. RacingRoger

RacingRoger

Visited beautiful Brookville, OH today to take a tour of the roadster shop. I called ahead to arrange it, and my tour guide was Pete. It was fantastic, seeing customer cars in varying stages of the build (the new Chip Foose '32 Phanton body is fabulous!) Pete showed us some of the manufacturing facility, welding and cutting machines, and some of the smaller dies they use. Didn't see anything actually get stamped (different building), but we did get to see parts getting the excess metal cut off with a computer controlled torch attached to a (I'm guessing 5-axis?) arm. I also got a better idea as to how the cars are constructed. Seeing it in person is so much better than any pictures in a magazine. My thanks to Pete and his crew for taking time out of their busy day to accommodate me and my family. If you get the chance, call ahead and ask for a tour. Well worth it!!!! IMG_20180511_140901.jpg IMG_20180511_140914.jpg IMG_20180511_140930.jpg IMG_20180511_140940.jpg IMG_20180511_141421.jpg IMG_20180511_141401.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

LOU WELLS, 48fordnut, Stogy and 9 others like this.
  2. custom

custom
    from Ohio

I live close by. Great place and their open houses draw some awesome machines. Always wanted a 32. It may go against the grain with the purists, but if I could build one up, it would be from their model.
    Thanks for sharing.

lothiandon1940, Montana1 and loudbang like this.
  3. RacingRoger

RacingRoger

I got a kick out of my last picture, telling the story of how they won their blue ribbon! Pretty hilarious, and to their credit, they fessed up. And don't worry about upsetting the purist - as long as you don't try to pass it off as an original. It's a great starting point...

lothiandon1940, Montana1 and loudbang like this.
  4. RacingRoger

RacingRoger

OH, and how could I forget to pass this along.... mention the H.A.M.B. to the good folks at Brookville for a discount on parts!

5. Bill Nabors

Bill Nabors

I picked up my 32 there. They gave me the grand tour. Very nice people and facility. We are lucky to have them. Look at the panic when Chassis eng. closed. I plan on getting a 29 body in the near future.

6. ramblin dan

ramblin dan

Bought a lot of parts for my deuce roadster project through the mail from them and always wanted to see their place. I've seen articles and pictures in magazines I believe from the power tour when they stopped there. I'll get there one of these days.

7. scrap metal 48

scrap metal 48

Worked there part time after I retired from GM.. They make nice products and learn a lot about model A construction...

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  8. A Boner

A Boner

Do you happen to know if Brookville Roadster offers E-coating on their bodies?

9. scrap metal 48

scrap metal 48

I haven't worked there since 2003 but I doubt it...

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  10. RacingRoger

RacingRoger

I didn't discuss coatings or paint...I do know a young man was wiping down a bare metal body for a customer's '32, prepping for paint. I'd suggest dropping them a line. Check their website.
    https://brookvilleroadster.com

11. Hope you were looking at my 30/31 Roadster body being built! I pick it up at the LA Roadster show in June.

RacingRoger likes this.
  12. RacingRoger

RacingRoger

Quite possibly. Unfortunately (or fortunately, for you and other customers) when I asked about taking pictures, I was asked very nicely to not do such a thing. Out of respect for everyone involved, I gladly accommodated, and only took pics in the showroom. The downside is now I have to rely on memory....and my memory is caca!!!! I do remember looking over a '30-'31 roadster, still in bare metal, and telling my wife "This is it! This is the one I'm going for." Unfortunately, I can't remember if it was already on the frame or not....I did see a bare '32 frame just sitting on the floor away from everything else. Maybe that was all your stuff??? At any rate, I'm convinced they'll take good care of you. Hoping you'll tag me when you do get some pics!

13. 32 Spitfire

32 Spitfire

I have a 32 Brookville Roadster and Coupe and they are great! Brookville is an old school company that builds top quality vintage products. My Roadster is just about ten years old now and I’ve had a blast building and enjoying it! We’re really lucky Brookville is keeping these iconic Ford bodies and products available.

All the best to the Brookville crew!

Todd
    High Noon Speed Shop
    Baltic, Ohio

My Blog: https://ontheroadtonowhereville.wordpress.com/

RacingRoger likes this.
  14. dmdeaton

dmdeaton

I live close also, been there picking up small parts on a few occasions. I will have to google the open house, would make the journey.

RacingRoger likes this.