Register now to get rid of these ads!

I traded H.P. for Looks.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by roddin-shack, Apr 24, 2010.

1. Stevie Nash

Stevie Nash

How much did that setup cost? Looks great! I would love to switch over to a 3x2...

2. nowaxn5

nowaxn5

"Looks" any day of the week. If you truley wanted performance you would have bought something much, much different.

3. roddin-shack

roddin-shack

I bought the system complete BRAND NEW right here on the HAMB a few weeks ago, THANKS SKIPPERMAN. Paid $1200. He gave me a hell of a deal. :D:D:D Larry

4. Old Bag

Old Bag

Man that looks AWESOME!! I would die to have a set up like that!:D I would definitely play with the timing some more if you hadn't already.

5. ron0257

ron0257

times 2

6. I'd agree with nailheadroadster: Assuming everything else is right, you need to get your carbs synchronized. Even if you're running progressive linkage, the outer two carbs must be set up to open at exactly the same time, or it'll run pretty flat. There's a tool called a Uni-Syn that is used to do this - pm me if you need more info. I've done all kinds of multiple car set ups over the years.

7. as said the HP will never be as much as a new 4bbl, the only way to get both looks and performance is to convert a mech injection to electronic and put the injectors under the intake....someone said hiding nitrous was still traditional...;)....traditional and drivable is cool in my book.
    Hans

8. roddin-shack

roddin-shack

If it is not obvious I am trying for the OLD School Look. and that includes the 3X2 carbs etc. I have no use for injection or God forbid any form of NITROUS. "Fuck It" I am happy with what I have now.:cool:

9. RDR

RDR

had a 350 4spd in my old roadster....originally I was running a Predator and accel dist....car performed fine...then I picked up a 3-2 Offenhauser manifold and a set of 348 Rochesters with the progressive linkage.....NO COMPARISON....the three deuces performed excellently...Quicker throttle response...immediate thrill factor and even looked better....can't say how much better it performed at the strip cause at the Oldies Drags they said, " Get under 14 without a roll bar and you don't come back" so I unhooked the linkage and ran the center carb only and stayed in the 14s...Sold the car and wished to this day I'd kept the tri-power for sure!

10. Moonglow2

Moonglow2

I ran a hopped up 348 with three deuces in a 60 Chevy back in the day. I can still hear the moan and feel the kick in my ass when I punched it and started swapping gears. As far as I am concerned 3-2s will always be the preferred way to go.

11. derpr

derpr

i'll buy the edelbrock intake and carb.and like they said check the outer carbs. make sure they're both closed at idle. and ck your total timming. timming something my ear will get it running but you might have some problems

12. roddin-shack

roddin-shack

My job for the weekend, set timing with a light, recheck the progressive linkage to make sure I am using up all the carburation. Thanks for the tips guys. I think 3x2s rule.;)