Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest I think my car may be magic, and also a little cursed

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Chappy444, May 17, 2018.

1. My wife of 15 years (both of our second marriage) has never been into cars. They have always been a utilitarian device for her. back and forth to work, pick the kids up, get the groceries...
    Bless her heart, she has put up with my bi-yearly DD changes (mostly in silence), the occasional OT repair and flip, the magazine subscriptions littering the living room, bathroom and office, and my constant discussions about finally getting a traditional hot rod.
    Awhile back I finally brought home the hot rod and of course I went to work on it...it was a driver when I bought it but it needed some "adjustments", she worried out loud that I bought a lemon on more than one occasion!
    When I had gone over the entire car and felt confident that it was safe and wouldn't leave us stranded she finally agreed to go for a ride. She was amazed at the looks, honks, thumbs up, and smiles the car produced where ever it went. Then she came with me to a few car shows and cruise nights.
    Now she really enjoys it all and asks me things like "is there a car show this weekend?" "can we take the car for a ride after dinner?" and "when is the next car cruise?"
    In this regard I think the car must be Magic! It has converted a non car girl into a car girl... To the point that she has decided that she wants one of her own... (now the cursed part)
    At the last show she fell in love with a 37 Chevy pick-up and now wants me to buy/build one for her... "nothing fancy" she said, "Just something I can go to Home Depot and get flowers and stuff in"......."and can you make it an automatic for me? I don't like shifting" LOL.
    So, magic and cursed all at that same time!!! Truth be told, if this is cursed I'll take it....LOL
    Anyone have a reasonably priced, complete 37 with a small block and automatic? :D
    Pray for me and my one car garage and stuffy HOA
    Chappy

F&J, slim38, tractorguy and 6 others like this.
  2. L.O.L. Boy are you in for it! You think your starter issues were a Headache, just wait.
    The Wizzard

loudbang and Chappy444 like this.
  3. ROADSTER1927

ROADSTER1927

My wife liked my motorcycles and when I found the remains of my roadster I told we were going to own that. She asked if I was sure we needed that delapitated pile of stuff. It took 8 years before we drove it and she liked it a lot. I told her now I was going to do a coupe, and found a 40 Pontiac close and cheap. She said is that one of those with the ugly things with the trunk stuck on the back. ( she did not know the difference between a coupe and a sedan ) I said no and went and got it. After I dropped it at the shop she came to see it and said it was Quite! I will take that one, when will it be driving? And as it is said, the rest is history. Gary

catdad49 and loudbang like this.
  4. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Good problems the way I see it. You’re a lucky man.

slim38 and loudbang like this.

5. Right, those are problems I will gladly deal with you could have the opposite side like me.

loudbang likes this.
  6. Chavezk21

Chavezk21

You are a lucky man. My wife barely tolerates my car shenanigins(sp).

7. Not the car , it's the girl

8. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

my wife always has enjoyed my Hot Rods. but, always wanted a Chevy pick up. nicer than one she had when young. so, found unfinished '39 Chevy pu project. that took over garage. my finished '47 Ford coupe ended up outside in the weather. of course project took more time and money than expected. so, my '47 went down the road. with '39 3/4 done found a '50 Chevy pu project. it was body style she liked more, plus more interior room. so, '39 went down the road and we finished '50. finally I got another ride. bottom line is that it all sounds so easy in the beginning.